Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

gzdoom changesky command

Is it meant to work with skyboxes? Because I have the following (I'd upload the wad, but it's 60 meg):

I can set each sky "flat" (e.g 03side1) to be the sky, but not the whole sky itself. I've looked into the texture packs I use with gzdoom but can't find the same kind of directory structure in the pk3's. Is it possible to perhaps name them the same as the zdoom skies in the texture pack? If anyone's interested in making up a pwad that I could add to any other wad to get those skies, I'd gladly pay $5 on paypal if it's a quick job. I've always wanted decent, space-y skies since TNT map 20.

Gez said:

You need to define the skybox in GLDEFS, and then you can use the skybox's GLDEFS name with changesky.

03bot doesn't have a top, so I just copied and pasted 03bot and renamed it to 03top (as flipping didn't work) but I still get a red top for my sky: http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/43268643/file.html

Also, with skyboxes, do they follow the regular names, e.g fsky1 for first doom 2 sky?

invictius said:

03bot doesn't have a top, so I just copied and pasted 03bot and renamed it to 03top (as flipping didn't work)

It's pretty unusual to find a skybox where the bottom graphic can work as a replacement for the top graphic, but you don't need to copy it anyway. You can reference the same file for both the top and the bottom graphic in the skybox definition in GLDEFS.

invictius said:

Also, with skyboxes, do they follow the regular names, e.g fsky1 for first doom 2 sky?

The skybox can be named however you want. Also the first Doom II sky is named SKY1. There's nothing that's named FSKY1. There's a patch (not texture) named RSKY1 that is used to create the texture named SKY1 in doom2.wad. There's also a flat named F_SKY1 that is used to mark ceilings and floors that have a sky, but it works everywhere.

If you want your skybox to replace the first Doom II sky, you'll name it SKY1. Not RSKY1 nor F_SKY1 nor anything else, just SKY1.

Note that the name of the skybox is what you use in GLDEFS. The name of the graphics that make it up is irrelevant.

Graf Zahl said:

Your skybox definition references 02top, not 03top, therefore the red color.

Thanks, I'm still getting used to SLADE where you have to save both the def and the wad it's contained in.