Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cancho

Delete account

Account deletion tends to break the forums, have you considered changing your password to something random and hard to guess then forgetting about the account?

but how will you be able to tell everyone of us that you're leaving if you don't have an account?

Didn't you know? From the day you sign up, you're here forever. Forever indoctrinated with the religion that is Doom. You can't escape it. Doomguy will find you, and Romero will be the bell-ringer, before all ye holy Carmack's descend upon your bed to take your sanity with the visions of demons and a river of blood, with an upside down cow floating in mud.

Congratulations on your request to delete your account! We here at Doomworld wish you a fond farewell. Drones will be deployed within the next 24 hours.

Thank you!

cancho said:

I need some admin or mod to delete my account, I won't use it anymore. Thanks.

There is no account delete. Only Zuul

Clonehunter said:

Didn't you know? From the day you sign up, you're here forever. Forever indoctrinated with the religion that is Doom. You can't escape it. Doomguy will find you, and Romero will be the bell-ringer, before all ye holy Carmack's descend upon your bed to take your sanity with the visions of demons and a river of blood, with an upside down cow floating in mud.

maybe he wants to delete the account since he got bad grades for spending too much time trying to shoot rockets into romero's head on a stick.

OK, so you registered less than a year ago, made 4 posts, and you want to delete your account because you "won't use it anymore". Very smart my friend, very smart.

I am afraid that is no longer physically possible.

Have A Nice Day!

- DooM

You cannot delete accounts on Doomworld for some reason.
Can't delete posts either.
You can only add to the total post and user count.

You can no longer leave.

Ralphis said:

help me

Don't you have another account on here? I believe the custom title was Rape Survivor.

I've never quite understood why people make a big deal about deleting their accounts or posts when leaving a forum (fun fact: when doing this dramatically and vocally, it's called "flouncing."). Maybe it's out of perceived self-importance--That they think anyone actually cares whether they are there or not? Generally when someone disappears for a while, or never returns, they don't tend to be remembered unless they were exceedingly influential in one way or another (either positively or negatively). It's perhaps unfortunate, but more often than not is true.

Nomad said:

Generally when someone disappears for a while, or never returns, they don't tend to be remembered unless they were exceedingly influential in one way or another (either positively or negatively). It's perhaps unfortunate, but more often than not is true.

So true. For every DooMBoy there's a dozen Doomguys (22, if you want to be pedantic).

Nomad said:

Maybe it's out of perceived self-importance

I think he's just being courteous, letting the admins know just in case they close inactive accounts to save space or whatever.

Nomad said:

I've never quite understood why people make a big deal about deleting their accounts or posts when leaving a forum

How about not wanting to leave e-traces? I've had all of my teen/uni years' websites deleted not only from their servers (though one stayed out of my control for a couple of years before I bothered getting back at it), but also from the Wayback Machine (a simple request was enough).

Crasger said:

You can no longer leave.

Welcome to the Forum Doomworldia
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
Plenty of threads at the Forum Doomworldia
Any time of year, you can find it there

"Relax, " said the admin,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can log-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!"

Type random characters or mash the keyboard in the "new password" field, copy and paste it into "confirm new password" - done. Surprised nobody else has mentioned this.

Gez said:

Welcome to the Forum Doomworldia
Such a lovely place
Such a lovely face
Plenty of threads at the Forum Doomworldia
Any time of year, you can find it there

"Relax, " said the admin,
"We are programmed to receive.
You can log-out any time you like,
But you can never leave!"

This was downright beautiful.