Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EVIL

invisible pinky's.. also in doom3??

does anyone knows if there will be invisible pinkydemons running around like in the origional doom?? it would surely give some scary moments.. like entering a cafetaria filled with tables .. knocked down chairs .. trails of blood.. and roaring sounds.. and then you see tables flying around.. like something is storming at you knocking all the furniture thats in their path down (invisible pinky's) :)

Excellent idea. Though if they do it, I hope they come up with some kind of cool-looking solution other than to just make it transparent. I believe someone once suggested a sort of "black light" effect, where a monster has a sort of halo around it that takes away the light around it. That could look damn cool.

indeed.. but I dont know if I would be afraid if I would see one

Well, many of the things we've talked about ended up in the game. Coincidence? Maybe not.

FlatHead said:

Excellent idea. Though if they do it, I hope they come up with some kind of cool-looking solution other than to just make it transparent. I believe someone once suggested a sort of "black light" effect, where a monster has a sort of halo around it that takes away the light around it. That could look damn cool.

We know the engine will be a lot about lighting, so effects of that kind may be expectable...

If it's there, I hope they transform it so that it's not just a partial invisible pinky. Maybe make it resemble the old pinky a bit more in shape - running upright on it's hind legs, instead of the new four-legged pinky look.
The new pinky IS awesome, but it's kinda boring if id just use an altered version of the same model - give the spectre a different shape (but still burly).

I don't see how 'black light' would work. If it took light away from the demon, it would basically leave a shadow (of which size depends on the absorption of light) and a fancy halo effect.

I'd prefer a normal shadow and the demon moving in and out of partial visibility.

Speaking of Predator, it would be a cool scene if you entered a room, saw the demon, the demon stared right back at you, went invisible and then charged through tables etc. to get you.

I like the idea of having an (semi?)invisible monster in Doom3, but it shouldn´t be the Pinky Demon, it doesn´t really fit it´s brutal straight forward character. And just because the old Doom had invisible Pinkys as Spectres is no reason to copy that again.
Invisibility would more fit a more lurking creature, like the new Imp, for example.

Tetzlaff said:

I like the idea of having an (semi?)invisible monster in Doom3, but it shouldn´t be the Pinky Demon, it doesn´t really fit it´s brutal straight forward character. And just because the old Doom had invisible Pinkys as Spectres is no reason to copy that again.
Invisibility would more fit a more lurking creature, like the new Imp, for example.

Exactly, but without the imp's leaping abilities please. The spectre should be a creature, which uses hit-and-run tactics. It attacks you and quickly withdraws again - something like that.