Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheRequiern

About Doom 64

I know most of you peeps out there didn't like Doom 64, but I for one... did like it. I think it would be interesting to see Doom 64 ported on the computer or even re-made. Re-making it would take a very loooooong time but even so, I think it could be worth it. Who out there agrees with me? Doom 64 was different, still kept me scared shitless, gave me the same adrenaline rush, gave me the same goosebumps and was just as if not more difficult to beat then Doom II. I don't know, I could be trippin but I liked it and I think it should be ported or re-made with todays standards in technology. Something to think about and buillshit about.

Hmm... wonder who could be doing one? I wonder... :P

/me points to my sig.

Heh, no shit, Doom64 is da bomb!

I actually still have da new palette, splashes/new floors, and sounds wads still on mah hard drive... but I've been so busy lately dat I ain't been able to work on them. Maybe I'll see if I can at least do da palette one while I'm at work when I gots da time.

P.S. Elby ownz yo ass newbie! :P

I've been having a hard time finding it in pawn shops and the like so I had to buy it use from a person on amazon.

The game is simple awesome. 'nuff said.

Haven't tried Doom64, so I wouldn't know - but I'd be overjoyed to try out a Doom64 "remake" for the PC just to see what it's like to play.

dsm said:

Haven't tried Doom64, so I wouldn't know - but I'd be overjoyed to try out a Doom64 "remake" for the PC just to see what it's like to play.

DOOM 64 in a nutshell = DOOM except different maps, darker atmosphere, blurrier sprites, slower movement. Yep.

DOOM 64 in a nutshell = DOOM except different maps, darker atmosphere, blurrier sprites, slower movement. Yep.

You forgot to mention tight sounds, awesome and more realistic lookin monsters, a new weapon, and a new last boss!

Da_Esco said:

...a new weapon...

OMFG THAT IS TEH MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN.... A NEW WEAPON!!!! WOW I WILL NOW HAVE TO BUY AN N64 JUST TO PLAY DOOM ON!

OMFG THAT IS TEH MOST AMAZING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN.... A NEW WEAPON!!!! WOW I WILL NOW HAVE TO BUY AN N64 JUST TO PLAY DOOM ON!

WOW! You know how to use caps lock! YAY FOR J00!!!

/me grabs Zarcy by da head, shoves his face to da computa screen, and points to da word... "EMULATION"

:P

No..... I canNOT spell asswipe... can yo say, PENDEJO!?

............ hijo de la gran puta que tu eres!

ZarcyB said:

Can you spell... ASSWIPE?

can you say... shut the hell up and leave esco alone, esco is the coolest! and let's try to keep flamewars AWAY from the forums, not IN them :/

footman said:

...esco is the coolest!...

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA

Uh, sorry. :P

Usted aspira el pene del mono.

WOW! You can use babelfish! Ain't you coo!

And look... it isn't even CORRECT! I would have simply said "usted se chupa el pichu de un mono"! But.... I can't expect someone with da brain of a rock (like yourself) to undastand somethin dat simple!

............... loser. Now play nice.... or I'll have Fodders spank you!

can you say... shut the hell up and leave esco alone, esco is the coolest! and let's try to keep flamewars AWAY from the forums, not IN them :/

Thanks dawg, and I agree wit ya 150%!

Hypocrite. You criticise my use of your language, but your use of the English language is hardly any better.

Hypocrite. You criticise my use of your language, but your use of the English language is hardly any better.

AWWWWWWW.... did I hurt yo feelins?

........... come here and gimme a kiss, sweetheart!

I'd rather superglue my ass to the bottom of a lawnmower.

Anyway, I'm going to be the mature one and walk away.

Good boy... don't start nuthin and there won't be nuthin, monkey boy. Ah well......

/me goes back to bein bored

Oh good lord this thread looks like the toilet in UWE 20 minutes before my end of year exam this morning...

ZarcyB said:

I WILL NOW HAVE TO BUY AN N64 JUST TO PLAY DOOM ON!

i did...got it used for cheap. now i have lots of N64 games. btw, doom 64 ownz.

Da_Esco said:

Now play nice.... or I'll have Fodders spank you!

Thanks dawg, and I agree wit ya 150%!

Dos Cerveza

Im suprised no one flipped out on me this time. Hmm, doesn't hurt for a change in things. Anyhow, I would like to see those wads done for the Doom 64 sounds, music, textures and monsters... that would be tight as fuck. I got more of a better response then I could ever have hoped for, good lookin guys!

P.S. Someone make a goddamn Doom 64 port on the computer... I'm sick of playing it on N64.

TheRequiern said:

Im suprised no one flipped out on me this time. Hmm, doesn't hurt for a change in things. Anyhow, I would like to see those wads done for the Doom 64 sounds, music, textures and monsters... that would be tight as fuck. I got more of a better response then I could ever have hoped for, good lookin guys!

P.S. Someone make a goddamn Doom 64 port on the computer... I'm sick of playing it on N64.

Doom 64 music, Awesome Quality! by Elbryan42
Lots of Doom 64 related wads here
The Doom 64 TC Enemy Sprite Progress Page

Check these out, they have what you need. They all came from The Doom Depot!! While you are there, stop by the forums! :-)

fodders said:

Dos Cerveza

De repente, todo el mundo sabe espaƱol!! Vaya gente mas poliglota!!

A game shop opened up recently in my town, and you can take in an old game of yours (N64, PSX or PS2) pay them $9, and take one from there collection. I am going down there ASAP and trading in something (don't know what though) and getting tehre copy of DooM 64.

Da_Esco said:

You forgot to mention tight sounds, awesome and more realistic lookin monsters, a new weapon, and a new last boss!

Lol! Is that supposed to be some kind of joke? No offence, but I've seen most of the D64 sprites and while they're more detailed, they look kinda comic book-like in appearance. They look interesting (a few look better conceptwise - arachnotron, but most of them look imho inferior conceptwise).
And from the looks of the Motherdemon sprite I've seen, that last boss looks like a stuffed toy animal for kids.
Haven't seen that new weapon - is it cool? What is it?
I have yet to experience the sounds though. They may be better than PC Doom's, but I can't judge that until I've heard 'em myself.