Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rampy470

Tiny Doom reference

I was looking through some old tapes from the 90s, and I came across an episode of a weird Canadian show called 'Red Green'. The premise of the show doesn't really matter for this, but the episode I found was about the show being sold to Sweden. There was a scene where the broadcasters sent them some gifts, including a Swiss army knife. The nerdy one (Harold) started going through an exaggerated list of all the crud that was packed inside it, and if you skip about 3/4 of the way through the clip, you'll find a reference to a certain game you probably know about.

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/1718885

Nothing special, just felt like sharing this.

Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

iori said:

Remember, if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Oh thank goodness, someone else knows this show.

Rayzik said:

I wouldn't exactly say that is 'tiny'...

I called it tiny because the show is relatively obscure.

This show is anything but obscure in Canada. Well, as long as you're over 25 I guess.

The Red Green show was one of the few shows that played on TV back when I was living in Marquette Michigan. Ah yes back in the days when there were only 3 channels that you could watch on TV.

Again not tiny really but Doom was featured I the UK Channel 4 show 'How Video Games Changed the World'. The format of the show was a list of the 25 most influencial games in order of release and Doom got its own segment complete with a little talking heads snippet with John Romero (Doom would have been in third person perspective if the engine would have allowed it apparently).

Anyone else see this?

Jaws In Space said:

The Red Green show was one of the few shows that played on TV back when I was living in Marquette Michigan. Ah yes back in the days when there were only 3 channels that you could watch on TV.

Michigander here, I remember that my grandma used to watch it back when I was 6.

purist said:

Again not tiny really but Doom was featured I the UK Channel 4 show 'How Video Games Changed the World'. The format of the show was a list of the 25 most influencial games in order of release and Doom got its own segment complete with a little talking heads snippet with John Romero (Doom would have been in third person perspective if the engine would have allowed it apparently).

Anyone else see this?

Yeah, I did. Looks like Romero's been at the pies.

I thought it was a great show. I'd heard about it before I watched it (at a friend's on some TV-on-demand thing; I don't watch television myself, so the means aren't available at my place - bar Internet streaming) and it was supposed to be terrible. I don't know, I think people just wanted to see their favourite games included. A few of these were quite incisive too.

purist said:

Anyone else see this?

Woah, I must see it. Anyone got link?