Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Super Weapons

So you know how the Super Shotgun is the shotgun's "Super" counterpart, well if they had "Super" versions of the regular weapons what do you think its features would be?
Example: Super Pistol, Fires faster/A single bullet can go thru 3 zombie men,etc.

Super Pistol: give it a rapid firing "burst" mode that fires three accurate bullets per trigger pull, kinda like Robocop's gun. Should be fun to take down zombies and imps with it, or snipe-harass monsters from a safe spot ;-)

Super Chaingun: quad firing rate.

Super RL: the rocket can pierce several enemies before exploding. Or simply a quad-tubed, shoulder mounted RL a-la Commando, the idea being that a volley could kill a Baron or Archvile with one aiming.

Super PR: railgun or Unmaker, or, if you want to be original, let it be a charge weapon with a variable-power fireball like in R-Type, without losing the ability for rapid firing. At maximum power it should be able to take a Baron down, and penetrate any enemies it kills before diffipating.

Super Chainsaw: Doom 64's double chainsaw, but with ACTUAL double damage, not just for shows.

Super BFG: How dare you desecrate the Holy BFG.

The first thing I thought of when I saw this was mattbratt11, but this is actually quite a decent idea. :) I reckon a fragmentation effect for the RL would probably work as well.

Super pistol - faster rate of fire(maybe akimbo style).

Super Chaingun - 2 pellets per shot.

Super RL - double rocket shot, faster travel speed.

Super PR - projectile gets small blast radius for more damage.

Super Chainsaw - longer range for safe kills.

Super BFG - I don't think we actually need one.

Bonus ;

Super berserk - a secondary attack which have the player hold the fire button to "charge" the punch for a 1000hp single blow. I would like to see that one.

If you consider Enhancements instead of just Bigger.

Rocket laucher that lobs, so you can lob missiles over obstructions.

MLRS - twenty tubes with rapid launch. Probably a one use weapon.

Heat seeking missiles.

Heat seeking plasma bolts .. ???

I'm gonna try and give them a description that would appear in the Doom manual (brackets stuff will contain basic stats and wouldn't be in the manual if real).

Super Fist: Long blades, coming out of your knuckles. Sort of remind you of a deadly Wolverine, for some reason.
(Double damage punches)

Super Chainsaw: A chainsaw was designed to go through wood. This is design to cut through the toughest metals. Nuff said.
(It will kill but not gib zombies and imps on touch, apply the same ratio of damage increase for other monsters).

Super Pistol: Slower rate of fire, but each shot would threaten to destroy Doomguys wrist, so imagine what it'll do to the poor imp it hits. (Just more powerful, 1 shot weak monsters, but SSG rate of fire)

Super Chaingun: Hey what happened? We pulled the trigger on this for 1 shot, but nothing happend but a big bang, a big jump and us losing all our ammo. Oh and that Barron of Hells body is missing it's head but still standing....... Ohhh. This is gonna be expensive, but fun.
(It's so fast it'll be hard to track each bullet, but not as fast as the description\discharge gun from sky may be)

Super Rocket Launcher: Man, rocket jumps use to be fun, but this is now stupidly dangerous. That Cyberdemon is gonna be jealous of this MFOAB launcher.
(x2.5 damage increase, and wider splash radious, MFOAB Stands for Mother F**ker Of All Bombs)

Super Plasma Rifle: Awww man, this thing has rubbish range. But within it is almost as deadly as a BFG9000. Ohh and no charge up for it either.
(Not great range, say it will go as far as a small corridor but useless for outdoors long range stuff, but will gib weak monsters and take care of medium monsters, within a second)

BFG 18000: Double the number, double the power? Don't be stupid. Science decided it would rather cube things instead so it's tripled the power. It's a Fire and Forget weapon, mostly because the room you fired it in will be painted in demon blood red but you may as well drop the weapon after firing it as you'll be out of ammo for it too. High pitched "Worth it"!
(The Cubed thing is based off the fact that if you want to make a half scaled modle of an object, you don't just take the weight of the original and half it, you half it again. Stupidly Over Powered, but requires 300 cells to fire 1 shot. High pitched "Worth it".)

Scottland89 said:

Super Fist: Long blades, coming out of your knuckles. Sort of remind you of a deadly Wolverine, for some reason.
(Double damage punches)

Actually, to make any melee weapon worth using, it should the very least deliver two quick hits/punches, AND kick back Doomguy a little to protect him from immediate retaliation, as he doesn't have the instantaneous melee reactions of monsters.

Scottland89 said:

Super Pistol: Slower rate of fire, but each shot would threaten to destroy Doomguys wrist, so imagine what it'll do to the poor imp it hits. (Just more powerful, 1 shot weak monsters, but SSG rate of fire)

This sounds more like an elephant gun/express rifle or slug-loaded shotgun. It would be a good third shotgun option, rather than a powered up handgun.

Also, any weapon that uses up all your ammo for 1 shot...meh. Doom weapons should be designed with constant player movement and change of tactics in mind, so a weapon that's effective WITHOUT moving would need to be ridiculously overpowered (pretty much a blast that affects everything, even through walls) or prove useless, as just a few obstructions would neuter it. Not really worth wasting ALL of your ammo then...the same goes for weapons that have so limited range that effectively act as static bombs/destruction fields.

In any case, most of the stuff already mentioned can be found in some form in the hundreds of existing weapon mods.

Maes said:

Actually, to make any melee weapon worth using, it should the very least deliver two quick hits/punches, AND kick back Doomguy a little to protect him from immediate retaliation, as he doesn't have the instantaneous melee reactions of monsters.

I was just thinking of a way to make a punch look cooler. Ohh and it would of had slightly longer ranger for against melee monsters.

Maes said:

This sounds more like an elephant gun/express rifle or slug-loaded shotgun. It would be a good third shotgun option, rather than a powered up handgun.

Actually I was thinking more of a desert eagle (or a beefed up version of that) hence the description (see inspirational videos): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlfTPeOqjLg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD-CqeiRh3g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQKMC0GDGTI

Maes said:

Also, any weapon that uses up all your ammo for 1 shot...meh. Doom weapons should be designed with constant player movement and change of tactics in mind, so a weapon that's effective WITHOUT moving would need to be ridiculously overpowered (pretty much a blast that affects everything, even through walls) or prove useless, as just a few obstructions would neuter it. Not really worth wasting ALL of your ammo then...the same goes for weapons that have so limited range that effectively act as static bombs/destruction

In any case, most of the stuff already mentioned can be found in some form in the hundreds of existing weapon mods.

Super Chaingun was more inspired by the Meet the heavy video ("It cost $400,000 to fire this weapon for 12 seconds"), and the thought of a huge wall of bullets.

BFG 18000 being a 1 shot gun was more of a way to level it out. But to be fair, with a Backpack it would be a 2 shot gun :D

But yeah, I pulled these out of my arse in 2 minutes, and even if I had more time, I probably would of came up with something barley better. I just didn't want to add more barrels and end up with a 7 barrel BFG

Apparently to doom wiki the weapon that the spiderdemon wields is called the "super chaingun" so you guys could base it a bit on him if you feel like it ;)

Super Chaingun

Well there is Disturbia.

Heat seeking missiles sound cool, it's already in the game so it shouldn't be that difficult to implement. Might make it a little unfair though because monsters don't dodge (at least not on purpose).

I had an idea a little earlier about the berserk kick, it would be like the punch but you'd be able to kick while firing or reloading a weapon, like in Duke Nukem 3D. That would change the tactics quite a bit.

Finally, I think good old grenades would be a nice addition to the game, especially in those situations where you have a bunch of monsters grouped together in a pit somewhere and you just can't reach them, but you don't want to drop down there right in the middle before being able to shoot them.

An auto shotgun of sorts would be a blast -quite literally. To prevent it from becoming too overpowered however, a reloading/burst limiting mechanism SHOULD be present, e.g. shooting at most 8 shells in a row before requiring a cooloff/reload period.

I'd like to see a super rocket launcher that fires rockets that can be detonated remotely. A few games have weapons like this and I always liked the idea. Fire a rocket past a group of weaker enemies and detonate it in the middle of a group of stronger enemies. So you can ensure the stronger enemies catch the brunt of the explosion.

Fist: Berserk pack is already awesome enough!

Chainsaw: Diamond coated rock saw! The even greater communicator!

Pistol: 50cal handcannon. Hitscan, but projectiles keep going till they hit a wall so could be shot into hordes to damage multiple badguys.

Shotty: SSG already exists!

SSG: What? You want to improve on perfection? (I love BD's ability to fire each barrel individually)

Chaingun: The minigun used in BD (and everything else) does the trick just fine.

Rocket Launcher: I like Maes' idea of the shoulder mounted quad RL. Of course I've always enjoyed the UT "8-ball" rocket launcher, so a similar setup would be my ideal. Hold fire to charge up to 8 rockets to unleash at once. Doomguy can surely dodge long enough to make it useful.

Plasma Rifle: Plasma minigun, a la Fallout franchise.

BFG9k: BFG10k.

Maybe a minigun but with a special shotgun-like alternate firing mode where it stops spinning and the barrels all fire at once.