Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

height (and other) extremes in wads

Are there any non-joke wads out there that have huge extremes in height - perhaps going from the maximum possible height to the minimum in just a few steps? Also, any that fully take up 32760 units? I don't mean wads packed in with detail, but ones with enormous wide-open spaces.

Huge extremes with height? D2TWiD MAP28 & MAP29, for example. :P Hellbound MAP30 and Zones of Fear MAP30 has some very high ceilings and/or high drops too.

You may be looking for something even more extreme though, then I don't know.

Masterjumps has a couple jumps in the 32000 range where you can go through the ceiling and back up through the floor.

And my liddle shnookums rjsloth:

There was a later map in TNT that had a loooooooooong drop in some canyon. I forget the map number/title. I remember killing a cacodemon in it in JDoom (that generated blood particles) and the tiny little splats were miles from each other. I'm pretty sure it doesn't use the absolute extremes though.

TimeOfDeath said:

Masterjumps has a couple jumps in the 32000 range where you can go through the ceiling and back up through the floor.

And my liddle shnookums rjsloth:

What map number is that?

40oz said:

There was a later map in TNT that had a loooooooooong drop in some canyon. I forget the map number/title. I remember killing a cacodemon in it in JDoom (that generated blood particles) and the tiny little splats were miles from each other. I'm pretty sure it doesn't use the absolute extremes though.

possibly map 16, deepest reaches. although i guess that height isn't extreme for modern map standards, see tod's pic... but seemed so when i played in in 1996. there were some pinkies / spectres at the canyon's bottom which bit me while i was falling, so i didn't forget that map part ;)