Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Dagger Fall Prop/Monster Resources W.I.P.

ok Im making a resource package maybe several packages of resources for daggerfall. Someone already posted the textures on realm667. So I thought where are the props, monsters, and maybe weapons!.

I'm not trying to make them like they are in the game just make them so they work well in doom so others can use them.

Screenshots Below

http://kalinusgamehaven.webs.com/photos/undefined/dag%20monster%201.jpg

http://kalinusgamehaven.webs.com/photos/undefined/dag%20monster%202.jpg

http://kalinusgamehaven.webs.com/photos/undefined/dag%20prop%201.jpg

http://kalinusgamehaven.webs.com/photos/undefined/dag%20prop%202.jpg

Let me know of other games I should do! also help would be appreciated.
One question I have is whats the best way to handle ceilings and keep monsters from attacking immidiately after previous attack but same speed?

Anyone Interested? I thought It would be a good Idea as Heretic/Hexen are missing medieval undead. I am trying to get ahold of bethesda but so far only got 1 email that basically said he doesn't have the authority to approve this. Thoughts or comments?

Guest DILDOMASTER666

My suggestion is to mess with the scale of the decorations, those skulls are way too damn big to be human

Fisk said:

My suggestion is to mess with the scale of the decorations, those skulls are way too damn big to be human

Yep I know and I have done so I also have modified some sprites so that they fit in dungeons better. (Example changed skulls with moss/slime on them into blood/removed plants)

By the way is there a way to scale specific sprites on a single actor or will I need to manually? (Daggerfalls monsters have larger attack animations.)

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Depends on the port. EDGE, Eternity, ZDoom and other ports all have their own methods for doing this. Check out the documentation for EDGE DDFs, Eternity EDFs, and ZDoom DECORATE for more info on this.

I know for a fact that there's some sort of naked lady monster in Daggerfall. You should get right on that.

On a serious note, the monsters' style is radically different from Doom's, but I think props and decorations could pass after a bit of editing. Similiarly you could rip some decor from the three good Might and Magic games (6-8). Dunno if I'd use it personally but it sounds fun to have available.

Thanks for the Responses guys ^_^

Fisk said:

Depends on the port. EDGE, Eternity, ZDoom and other ports all have their own methods for doing this. Check out the documentation for EDGE DDFs, Eternity EDFs, and ZDoom DECORATE for more info on this.

Thanks I know some DECORATE and I don't plan on working with the other ports. Maybe I should start?

Antroid said:

I know for a fact that there's some sort of naked lady monster in Daggerfall. You should get right on that.

On a serious note, the monsters' style is radically different from Doom's, but I think props and decorations could pass after a bit of editing. Similiarly you could rip some decor from the three good Might and Magic games (6-8). Dunno if I'd use it personally but it sounds fun to have available.

I plan on using these without any of the doom monsters so it should look ok on my mod I just want to release them separate as well. Maybe I will put them in the doom palette but all it does for the skeleton is remove some shading. I will look into the Might and Magic Games

Clusterone said:

I would personally be interested in this.
Or Stonekeep weapons and monsters. :O

I will look into Stonekeep.

I don't think some of the skulls in Daggerfall were actually meant to be human skulls so I have no problem with some of them being big.