Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ShadesMaster

Help with IDgames upload - DESPAIR - for Heretic!

I NEEDneedNEED SOMEONE TO UPLOAD THIS TO idGAMES, PLEASE!!!! New link with last version is below!

DESPAIR.PK3 - unzip than drag both the PK3 and maps file into your GZdoom loader!!!!

DESPAIR is a custom WAD for Heretic, and includes a handful of custom enemies, powerups and weapons. What they are, I'll leave the surprise up to you - but feel free to take a peek at the screenshots before playing this two-level demo! Actually, it's demo-LENGTH but is a complete, standalone WAD - I'm just looking for constructive criticism and playtesting before this becomes an IDgames entry.

Oh, and as an added bonus - I've also included two screenshots of my top-secret 'H3' project. It's next-gen. It's also nowhere near where I want it to be - there's Hellraid AND Lichdom to aspire towards - and a lot of stuff you are about to see are placeholders. Don't say I didn't warn you. Now off I go to design a high resolution HUD, lolol!!!!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/e3nmbrc1r571882/Despair.zip

SWAMPS OF DESPAIR

Spoiler

GORGON CHAMBER
Spoiler

HERETIC 3(!!!!)
Spoiler

Again, here's the link... enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5j8nva2cl75g2b1/DespairStuff.zip

Ooh, a new Heretic project.

ShadesMaster said:

GZdoom

Oh...

ShadesMaster said:

DESPAIR is a custom WAD for Heretic, and includes a handful of custom enemies, powerups and weapons.

...no.

The levels look nice, but they don't work very well with Heretic's gameplay.

In some ways, they feel like maps meant for another game (and not just because most of the textures come from other games).

I hope the above comes across right.

I like it!! Good looking maps and the new enemies and items were a nice surprise. Though the skullwizards are really annoying.

I see you used your swamp map from shroud of deceit in the final map.... Are you done working on shroud of deceit or whats going on? Let me know.

No, still going to tackle it! Will still use the architecture from swampmap but with further changes... also focusing on my next-Gen H3 project as well!

Someone's uploaded it, I suppose in due course we'll find out who.

If you're receiving an error message to the effect that somebody at your IP address has already connected to the server - open FileZilla's Site Manager (assuming you've created a site entry for the archive), click on the Transfer Settings tab, limit the number of simultaneous connections to 1 and click OK. Wait ten minutes or so for the server to forget your previous connection attempt then try again.

If you haven't created a Site Manager entry, you can change the global concurrent transfers setting on the Transfers page in Edit/Settings. FileZilla defaults to opening two connection, which is what the archive's FTP server is objecting to.

I tried that already, STILL not sure as to why it would be... but anyways I'm glad someone uploaded it. Haven't submitted a standalone WAS in AGES lol!

It's not possible to upload to /idgames at the moment, so you'll have to wait a little while longer. You can find more info here.

ShadesMaster said:

Yeah... embarassing... but I missed the silly confirmation E-Mail and I need somebody to upload it AGAIN!!!!

Done - now waiting for confirmation email.