Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Whats wrong with my map Zan won't load it

Hey I made a DM level for Zandronum it will load from gzdoombuilder to zandronum. But if I run it straight from Zandronum it says no map tud01 exists.

Any Ideas why?

Guest Unregistered account

It would help if we could see it - and whenever I make a level with a non-existent map number, it works but it says "<Map number>: Unnamed" and no music plays unless you add it using XWE, Slade or through scripting.

Joe667 said:

It would help if we could see it - and whenever I make a level with a non-existent map number, it works but it says "<Map number>: Unnamed" and no music plays unless you add it using XWE, Slade or through scripting.

Here is my post of this map and its project. Download link is there. Thanks and Merry Christmas ^_^

Edit: Didnt post the link lol

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?postid=1203354#post1203354

Interesting - the Map/ChangeMap console commands appear to be broken or disabled in Zandronum and have been since at least Skulltag 0.98d. Drag-n-drop doesn't work either. If you haven't already done so I'd suggest you check the Zandronum forums to see if there's a workaround for those issues, apart from using a map launcher.

kalinus said:

... it says no map tud01 exists.

I assume that the engine looks for the default MAP01, Map02, etc. since it cannot possibly know what name you gave for the mapnumber.

kalinus said:

Any Ideas why?

You should give the engine a clue as to what name you gave for the mapnumber.
I created and inserted a map MAP01 with a script to make it pitchblack and immediately carry on to map TUD01 through MAPINFO.

http://i.imgur.com/DVe5oQQ.png

While this works, I do not know if this is the proper, or only, way to accomplish this.
Of course, this has the drawback that it goes through MAP01 first.

Example pwad

One other thing, you should keep track of placing flats into the proper namespace and not like this:

http://i.imgur.com/XLLd3b1.png

Ok Problem Fixed I apparently converted from doom format to hexen format I just copied and pasted it in a new map now to fix a weird water issue that just appeared.

Kappes Buur said:

One other thing, you should keep track of placing flats into the proper namespace and not like this:

http://i.imgur.com/XLLd3b1.png

I'm still kind of a noob can you elaborate more please.

BTW Thanks: GreyGhost, Joe667, and Kappes Buur.

kalinus said:

I'm still kind of a noob can you elaborate more please.

BTW Thanks: GreyGhost, Joe667, and Kappes Buur.

Lumps are organized according to category.
http://zdoom.org/wiki/Namespace

Take a look at the way you have the flats arranged in your map and compare it to the way I did this.

Flats, those textures which are used for floors or ceilings, are placed between the markers F_START and F_END, otherwise the editor will be confused at what to use.

Likewise patches, those textures which are used for walls, are placed between markers P_START and P_END.

ZDoom however has also a namespace TX_START and TX_END for those textures which can be used as flats or patches.

Kappes Buur said:

Likewise patches, those textures which are used for walls, are placed between markers P_START and P_END.

That's a bit of a shortcut, patches aren't placed directly, instead they're used to create textures which are placed on walls. This is done in a TEXTUREx lump (or, for ZDoom and Zandro, you can use TEXTURES instead).

Kappes Buur said:

Lumps are organized according to category.

Take a look at the way you have the flats arranged in your map and compare it to the way I did this.

Flats, those textures which are used for floors or ceilings, are placed between the markers F_START and F_END, otherwise the editor will be confused at what to use.

ZDoom however has also a namespace TX_START and TX_END for those textures which can be used as flats or patches.

Ah ok I'll remember that thanks

It's also worth noting that each flat has been duplicated, which isn't a big issue but for the sake of neatness you might like to delete the copies.

To go directly to TUD01 in my Example pwad above, add NoIntermission to the MAPINFO lump, eg:

map MAP01 "ENTRY_MAP"
{
next = "TUD01"
NoIntermission
}

map TUD01 "TUROK TEMPLE"
{
LevelNum = 2
next = "TUD01"
}

Kappes Buur said:

To go directly to TUD01 in my Example pwad above, add NoIntermission to the MAPINFO lump, eg:

Alright thanks ^_^