Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

So what is Plutonia?

Maybe a dumb question but I can't find any info on this... What is Plutonia exactly, like is it a planet, is it the name of the area doomguy went to or what?

Wordplay between plutonium, for radioactive materials, and "Pluto's land", or the underworld (hell).

Based on the little storyline, it's the name of the "quantum accelerator devices" created to close demonic invasion portals. Hence the full title, "The Plutonia Experiment".

i've always understood it as "realm of pluto", the god of the underworld (without the radioactive connotation)

Memfis said:

Maybe a dumb question but I can't find any info on this... What is Plutonia exactly, like is it a planet, is it the name of the area doomguy went to or what?

Whatever "The Plutonia Experiment" is, it's something you'd have to infer. Dario's webpage contains zero references to it in the original story. All it says is this:

The Casalis said:
The story....

You have been sent deep into the Jungle to re-establish contact with a secret military installation. You arrive there to find the remaining military presence has been either slain or turned into crazed zombies.

You realise the source of the evil has made use of the military Quantum accelerator to skip to alternative time periods, purging all in its path. Your mission is to follow the Evil and seal it in hell where it belongs. The only trouble is, you weren't briefed on how to operate the time machine, so you have no idea where you are about to be taken. All you know is that the evil will have got there first.

They're waiting for you......

What is Plutonia?

IMX said:

A miserable pile of chaingunners

But enough talk, GO 2 IT.

Plutonia's repetitive theme feels a little more bland than Doom 2's, some of the new textures look bland too.