Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Megamur

Decent SP FPS Games of the Last Decade

Republic Commando had a pretty hefty Singleplayer campaign, better than Halo dare I say. The Halo series also has had fairly varied SP modes, as they are pretty different than the multiplayer modes. Chaser pretty much has no living multiplayer mode, and the singleplayer was pretty good in that. Battlefront II's campaign wasn't bad either, or at least it was better than the first game's. Skyrim too perhaps.

I'm currently playing through Bulletstorm and it's an arcade game. Seriously shallow, but a lot of fun with it. Also, it has colours.

Belial said:

Unreal 2 (yeah srsly)

Yeah, I enjoyed Unreal 2 and played through it twice. Part of what I liked about Unreal 2 is that you went to different looking planets.

Dragonsbrethren said:

Also, no one mentioned Wrack, Carn's gonna be sad. It's a good SP game and every update's been making it better.

Waiting for Wrack to get out of early access. I want to play the finished game.

Fear 1
Fallout 3
Fallout New Vegas
Bioshock 1 and 2
Half-Life 2 (and the episodes)
Quake 4
Unreal 2
Rage
Portal 1 and 2
Metro 2033
Doom 3
Far Cry
Prey
Aliens vs Predator (2010) (Better than Aliens: Colonial Marines) :p
Deus Ex Human Revolution

Waffenak said:

I didn't register mention of shitty AI.

I mentioned clusterfuck.

If you're experiencing clusterfuck while playing Jericho, it's useful to know the reasons for that. Which are:

1. Weak friendly AI. Your teammates are unable to fend off hordes of enemies on their own.
2. You're not utilizing your teammates' abilities good enough.

While the first problem is permanent, it's possible to eliminate the second. The only question is whether you like the feel of the game enough to try.

Da Werecat said:

I mentioned clusterfuck.

If you're experiencing clusterfuck while playing Jericho, it's useful to know the reasons for that. Which are:

1. Weak friendly AI. Your teammates are unable to fend off hordes of enemies on their own.
2. You're not utilizing your teammates' abilities good enough.

While the first problem is permanent, it's possible to eliminate the second. The only question is whether you like the feel of the game enough to try.

Clusterfuck is elusive term and saying the ai is weak is more informative. Game that is constant struggle against it weaknessess isnt worth of playing hours. It's same as trying to walk without prosthetics when your feet are amputated

Waffenak said:

Clusterfuck is elusive term and saying the ai is weak is more informative. Game that is constant struggle against it weaknessess isnt worth of playing hours. It's same as trying to walk without prosthetics when your feet are amputated

Whatever.

Waffenak said:

It's not insignificant matter

I probably would've noticed all of these issues if I cared enough to play it after the 10th consecutive crash.

Even for something I got from a bargain bin that's unacceptable.

Speaking of cheap/free stuff, I need to see if that Metro 2033 installer thingy I got off Facebook still works.