Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

Doom 2 In Name Only - Now (supsiciously) on a load of gaming articles

At the moment all we are waiting for is Joseph Lord to fix map 27, and that's it I think. Multiplayer stuff can be sorted out later I reckon, some of my maps needed co-op fixes so I thought I would get it out the way.

I haven't checked all the maps in vanilla so I am trusting that everyone else has, but with map 27 fixed I think we will be good to go for beta?

I'm very close to finishing a remake of a (Final) Doom track, so I'll run through the set in Chocolate Doom once I'm done with that. Hopefully we can go to Beta after MAP27 is updated. Only 5½ months after the alpha, heh

Eris Falling said:

Only 5½ months after the alpha, heh

And if we're being honest I think most of that's on me :( It feels like most of the other fix-ups were done rather quickly, but only after I was finally finished with 24 since people were no longer feeling comfortable putting it all off.

There's a link to a MAP27 update at the start of page 71, I don't know if this is what we were after?

I'm making some refurbishments to MAP22 currently, I'm going to try and put out a beta this weekend, if you guys agree with that?

EDIT: Also, once again (sorry), I've failed to keep up with the soundtrack

MAP01: DLA - Mark Klem
MAP06: ?  (by the way, I love this track, good choice)
MAP07: Ah, Geez! - Lee Jackson
MAP08: ? 
MAP09: ?
MAP10: ?
MAP11: ?
MAP12: from TNT
MAP15: ? 
MAP16: Can't remember if there was a new track
MAP18: I Choose the Stairs - Lee Jackson
MAP19: Vampire Hunters - Wojciech Kilar
MAP21: Eryut Village - Hitosho Sakimoto
MAP22: Fate of the Damned - Mike Cody
MAP23: ? 
MAP24: ? 
MAP27: ?
MAP31: Evil Incarcerated - Jimmy

@ Eris: Re MAP16, I certainly didn't add any music originally, and I don't remember hearing anything different when I tested the latest versions/edits.

Eris Falling said:

There's a link to a MAP27 update at the start of page 71, I don't know if this is what we were after?

I'm making some refurbishments to MAP22 currently, I'm going to try and put out a beta this weekend, if you guys agree with that?

That version of map 27 was broken when I tested it, the issues I found are in the post after it, and make it impossible to exit. The link seems to be not working now but I might have a copy of it somewhere, if we don't hear from Joseph by tomorrow I'll try and fix the problems myself for the beta.

Eris Falling said:

EDIT: Also, once again (sorry), I've failed to keep up with the soundtrack

Did I even tell mine at some point? W/E, add these to list:

MAP 09: Heretic: The River of Fire
MAP 10: Hexen 2 (midi): ROMA3.MID
Both by Kevin Schilder.

Memfis gave me the midi for map24. According to him, it might be from here: "doom musicians guild". The link in that post is dead but he says the length fits exactly. I suppose we could credit that guy, but I would also like to credit Memfis specifically for finding this midi for me which fit very well and inspired me while making this map into more than just the initial idea.

The Map06 music is one of the tracks from Crucified Dreams(Map23). Don't know who made it.

Some digging led me to identify the author as Nicklas Linnes.
Also, I already have MAP06-V3, I just haven't updated the OP since the Alpha and now :)

Here's a fixed version of map 27:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vql4j8ibf9x429g/map27.1-fixed.wad

Fixes include:
"Yellow key" Teleport works
Exit barrier lowers
VPOs in exit room
texture alignment throughout.

Cant be sure its exactly how joseph wanted the teleporters to work but he is welcome to correct this version if I got anything wrong (but please test it properly if you do, joseph).

There was also a weird bug where a certain midtexture caused chocolate doom to crash when you looked at it, anyone have any idea what that is about? I've come across that before in my own maps. I had to replace it with a door.

Antroid said:

That sounds familiar...

Yeah this map also has some 'interesting' navigation going on. No idea how its meant to work, but at the very least it actually does work now, so that should be all the maps ready for beta testing.

What started out as some polish to MAP22 has turned out to a complete remake of a significant portion of the map, which is exactly what Springy said not to do when he said I could do the former >:(

What was originally a simple, tunnel, room, tunnel, tiny cramped room for the red key is rather quickly turning into MAP19. I feel it's necessary.
The layout is coming very quickly but seeing as it's me, the visuals may take a while. I'm working fast as I can on this, but I do feel stupid that I could end up missing my own target and Mordething the project yet again. If there's no beta tomorrow, it will be next weekend instead, which gives time to make some last minute checks if necessary.
Sorry everyone!

I am totally okay with this. I haven't really seen much of your 22 but I don't think there can be quite enough catacombs or catacomby-type places. So long as you don't take several months...

mouldy said:

Here's a fixed version of map 27:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vql4j8ibf9x429g/map27.1-fixed.wad

Fixes include:
"Yellow key" Teleport works
Exit barrier lowers
VPOs in exit room
texture alignment throughout.

Cant be sure its exactly how joseph wanted the teleporters to work but he is welcome to correct this version if I got anything wrong (but please test it properly if you do, joseph).

Hell yea! Thanks for that. The teleport works as i wanted. I forgot put the sector xP
In the yellow room i founded another problem. Fixed
The map must to be complete now!
http://www.speedyshare.com/gnwAd/map27.1-fixed.wad

Spoiler

What about... To start UDINO soon? :)
EDIT below: OK, I just thought it could be sooner since D2INO may take longer to finish.

Uh yeah...
When I first uploaded MAP22 into this thread, I attached this map view

Now it looks like this

...and it just keeps on growing. Looking at it now, there's some stuff I want to change over on that right section too.

But where's that whole mess of tunnels and whatnot area to the right of the big circular thingy (with a robot head on top) from the "old" version? Did you just remove it?

Is that the separate area of map on the right? There was supposed to be a mass of tunnels there too, but never managed to do it.
I could add them in though, since I'll need to change stuff over there to accommodate these changes anyway

I think when I wrote "right" I actually meant "left" :>
Now looking at the two maps a bit closer I realize that the whole separate section on the... left, I'm pretty sure I got it right correct this time, is gone in the new version. What's up with that?

I kept the start area (which I may also polish) and redid the cathedral, and that mass of string replaces the rest of it. Somewhere in that lot, there's going to be a red key. I think I might have these tunnels completely devoid of monsters until you find the Sacred Ruby Skull of Szet , then when you take it, you disturb the demon spirits, who return from the dead to kill he who has taken the idol of their deity.
Probably.

Sounds interesting. Hopefully in the end there's enough catacomby stuff in this map, I like places like that quite a bit.

Wow thats quite a major change. Think everything else is done now so its all eyes on Eris, no pressure ;)

Shit, its almost done? I just got signed up to a second testing role so I might not have time for this.

Side note: I love the various subtitles this thread has had over the months

Ragnor said:

Side note: I love the various subtitles this thread has had over the months

Speaking of, is there any way to see the history of these?