Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Purp

WinTex

Can someone please tell me where I can get a working version of WinTex that does not have many errors (some versions I've used crash a lot) and where I can get the Visual Basic source code for it? Thanks!

MaTT [TiK] said:
(some versions I've used crash a lot)

That's strange: I've been using wintex for years and never had a single crash, even though I've had some damn dodgy computers!

I too have found WinTex to be great. Unfortunately, I can't get it to run on my Win NT-based OS. I still use it on my other (Win 95) computer, but I've discovered that XWE and DeepSea do everything that WinTex does. And they work on my Win NT system.

Maybe I was doing dodgy things with it, or maybe the download was corrupt. The only thing I've used it for (except messing around, testing it) was editing ZDoom skin wads cos at one time I had a load of them for use with csDoom and ZDaemon but they kept changing my sound effects and the Doom 2 logo even when I wasn't using them. In the end I gave up cos I kept cocking them up with WinTex and in the end I found out there were too many skins to load all at once, so I just deleted them all and now I don't use skins at all.

I would go to the doctor about that cough mmnpsrsoskl, it seems to be getting worse.

Oh well.

/me takes mmnpsrsoskl's cloak.

Look at me, I'm mmnpsrsoskl, *cough*.

/me gives mmnpsrsoskl back his cloak and kicks him in the head.