Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kontra Kommando

Twilight Zone Appreciation Thread

One of my favorite things about New Year's is the Twilight Zone marathon that plays every year on the Sci-fi channel. Below is one of my favorite episodes, "Third from the Sun". I particularly like the beginning dialogue between two of the main characters. Talk about, or if possible, post your favorite Twilight Zone episodes.

FYI: Mr. Carling's character absolutely inspired Mister Burke's character in Fallout 3.

The only time I watch Twilight Zone is New Year. I missed the episode that absolutely seems relevant to Chicago. The one where Earth is getting hotter. It'll snow for 72 hours straight here.

Oddly enough one of the few episodes that I caught was '3rd Planet from the Sun.'

I discovered Twilight Zone maybe 3 years ago. Back then I found only about 15 episodes in Russian but I guess now I should be able to watch it without translation so thanks for reminding me about this amazing series. It definitely had some of the best writers ever.

I think my favorite episode was "Eye of the beholder" with its incredible music and that twist... just wow. Somehow I didn't see it coming at all.

Np, I love all of the symbolism, and critique on cold war hysteria of the time. The creators knew how to make the show creepy, and surreal in a clever way.

I particularly like this episode as well; "The Hunt".

When I read the title I thought it was about Paul Corfiatis' two megawads.

About the series, I remember that when I was a kid, it used to air in Sundays, alongside Alfred Hitchcock Presents. I barely remember it though, but it certainly was enjoyable for me back in the day.

Piper Maru said:

I like An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge.

That's been on several anthology series actually, it was a short movie made for a film festival at first.

I'm watching it on Netflix. They only have the first 2 seasons though. There are some episodes that the camera quality looks super cheap. Like the one with the Santa and I think the one about hospital room #22.

geo said:

I'm watching it on Netflix. They only have the first 2 seasons though. There are some episodes that the camera quality looks super cheap. Like the one with the Santa and I think the one about hospital room #22.

"Look mom, santa's loaded!!"

"Room for one more, honey..."

^^^ LOL yeah.

Oh and Twilight Zone is the only thing I've ever been able to watch in black and white. So many actors have been in a few episodes, especially Bergis Meridith and Captain Kirk.

I'm watching an episode now that must be 52 years old where a man cannot talk for 1 year from 1961 - 1962. Sorry I missed the 50th anniversary of this one. James Kahn I think is in 2 with a cameo. Oh and the Venus alien is a TV repairman in another.

I've run out of good episodes from the first 2 seasons before I have to start watching the meh ones.

Twilight zone is an awesome time capsule.

geo said:

I'm watching it on Netflix.

Same. I saw the complete DVD set on Amazon, but right now it would hurt too much to part with $200.

I actually just got on board with a Netflix subscription a week ago; I'm loving it.