Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C30N9

Post your first post

VileSlay said:

maybe I'm a retard, but how the hell do you get the yellow key without cheating? anyone know what I'm talking about. and how do you get the rocket launcher? can't figure it out man.

Don't worry, you're not a retard! The yellow key was damned annoying. I spent ages pressing those two switches and failing to make it to the key in time (assuming it was some timing puzzle). There is an unmarked wall panel in the same room as the switches that you need to press to get the key (from memory, I think it was directly opposite one of the switches).
This nearly made me abandon DSV4, but it was the only bad thing I've found so far in DSV4 - it rocks otherwise! (I'm up to map 12.)
Some of the traps are a bit nasty with -fast, but that's life!

Way too cheerful.

This news submission. Incidentally, if all goes according to plan, I should be making another related one sooner than later... sometime this year, at the very least.

Grazza said:

Way too cheerful.

What, you mean he was a retard?

Heh, in a thread asking about the first custom wad you ever played:

Demon's Paradise, I think it was called.

A mate of mine contributed a few levels to it: I've been trying to get him on DW, but he can't be arsed.

Nice post, very interesting to read.I like Requiem MAP03 too, but I didnt know about his Dystopia map before.Thank you!

Earliest I could find was this, though there are undoubtedly earlier posts in the old doomworld.com/forums system somewhere.

Hello.

Im totally new to Doom mapping, but I find it very fun, and Ive started on my first map ever, using DB. Everything has gone perfectly without problems, until now.

I add a sky texture to the ceiling flats in some sectors, but then this happens:

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/...lproblemuq9.jpg

(sorry, I know its dark)

I can kind of see the sky texture through the slim cracks between the walls. Its like the walls arent...hmmm...how to put this...closed/connected to each other..you see?

I just cant find a solution, but then again Im a noob =)

So Im hoping from some help from you leet mapping demons lol.

I uploaded my map here, just in case:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6ln94u

ps: I use the doom2.wad, and the Legacy port

My first post was in the Doom confession thread.

When creating a new map, I always start by making a 512x512 room (which is why my maps are not even worth uploading to /idgames). I am also a crate addict. All my maps must contain crates, even if there had to be just a single 16x16 crate hidden in a corner, but when that happens, I think "but the poor tiny crate's so lonely" and add a thousand others.
I also used to be scared of Doom II's Map30 when I was a little kid. Mainly because of the music, Romero's impaled head, linedef 55 and the fact that no matter how much I iddqd'd, I always ended up dead with an arachnotron spawning in my place. Damn telefragging.

Really excited about this [TNT2], every screenshot looks amazing
keep up the great work guys!

08-01-12
--

It seems so normal.

Pirx said:
is IDE what you guys prefer for online dooming or are there front-ends which are better in your opinion and why?

I use it personally because it is easy to set up and use but that's my opinion. There is also Doomseeker which comes packaged with the new Zandronum release. I don't use it though because I am more used to the layout of IDE. Link to Doomseeker http://doomseeker.drdteam.org/

Taken from a news article on one the release of a new version of Internet Doom Explorer. I wasn't going to register until my map set was complete, but I thought it was about time to register.

I made a 7 level deathmatch map for Skulltag (doom 2). Uses textures from Doom.wad as well, so if you want the best experience, I recommend starting a server on or offline including 'doom.wad' in the 'extra wads' option. Looking for feedback. Here's the link:

http://www.mediafire.com/?9v0aeko64sf126b

*I recommend using opengl.*

screenshots:

"I map like a goon.

My main downfall during map development is that it grows too tedious to continue, alas this reduces my motivation to further complete it. I set out a main plan in mind, i visualise different rooms, what details they possess and so forth, but after time my imagination just shuts off and i can't think for toffee.

I've started a bunch of maps, and 1 out of every 10 i start actually gets finished, and i've made exactly 10. I've only once made a draft on grid paper some years ago, but at this day and age i'd rather not bother with it, or anything... Ever... At all.
"

And then Cjwright79 quoted me...

*shudders*

In some "doom community stereotypes" thread

And how about Polish doomers? Do you know any?

Heh. Now I know more Poles than females on this forum. This feels really weird.

This looks like the first ever forums post. Unfortunately the old blazeboard system didn't include the year in posts, but there's enough information to determine that it's definitely from 2000: it says "posted Mon 1 May", and 1 May fell on a Monday in 2000.

This thread has the oldest post by me that I can find (9th July 2000). Perhaps not my best intro.

Let's see...

I really don't have any proper experience for mapping, but still trying learn my ropes on this business.
Anyway, if you will, I could partake into this little project, taking map25 slot. :)

Yup, I think this is my very first post, only over year and few months ago. How flashy of me.

Dragonsbrethren said:

I used the arrow keys + mouse up until about a year ago, when I finally made the switch to WASD. It only took me about three days to adapt to, and there's no way I'd ever go back to using the arrow keys.

Yep, I was an arrow key + mouse player in FPS games until 2008, stopping and moving my left hand all the way across the keyboard to switch weapons. At least I had enough sense to bind the left and right arrows to strafe instead of turn!

This is the oldest post I could find, but I feel like it's not the oldest post I've made.

Hey, I've been thinking, I I thought this would be a cool new deathmatch mode to play around with when just shooting at each other for 90+ hours straight gets boring. Basically, you would be assigned one weapon, it would have infinite ammo, and it would be based on your current rank. That would mean the person with the highest score would have the weakest weapon, and the person with the lowest score would have the most powerful, in order to balance the game out. I think it would be extremely fun. There are a couple of issues though, concerning how weapons are assigned. First of all, there are two possible ways to distribute: Always give the fist to the person in first place, or always give the BFG to the person in last place. I don't know which would be better. Maybe there could be an option to select which one when you select the game mode or something. Also, there is the issue of what to do when somebody changes rank. Either the weapon changes instantly, which could decrease the gameplay, or allow the person to keep the weapon until he or she dies, at which point the correct weapon would be assigned. The problem with this would be somebody with the BFG in first place and uses the BFG to hold first place, or the potential for two people to have the same weapon, which would (IMO) ruin the concept. BTW, the whole idea behind this is not only to balance gameplay, but also for someone to really prove how good he or she is, regardless of weapon. I really think my idea is cool, and I hope that certain source port programmers take note *cough *cough Skulltag *cough *cough *cough. Sorry, had something caught in my lungs, excuse me. Of course, I would implement it myself into some fabulous source port myself if I didn't have the programming skills of a can of beets. Does anyone else like this idea, or do you all think that it is completely lame, or since I've posted it in the multiplayer section will anyone even notice?

Jimothy said:
Hey there;

I'm wanting to move some weapons from the Russian Overkill mod into the Brutal Doom mod. Some of these include the triple-barreled sawed-off shotgun, the quadruple-barreled shotgun, and several others.

At first, I thought it would be a simple copy-and-paste from WAD to WAD via the XWE editor, but once I opened them both up in XWE, I realized my problem was going to be much bigger than initially anticipated.

The question stands: How would I be able to move weapons (and subsequently re-script them) from Russian Overkill to Brutal Doom? I am a complete newbie to Doom editing, so any sort of help would be very appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Back in the days when I didn't know what the absolute hell was the difference between a WAD and a pk3. Now, I do, but seeing that lets me know I'm a whole lot more informed.

(I still never figured out how to move those damn weapons, but that's for another day.)

I've never tried making a 1024 map. I might give it a go.

I cannot start mapping until November, I've got exams to do, so would it be okay if you could reserve a spot for me? I would appreciate it :)
I'm thinking of making a plutonia styled map to start with so it should be relatively hard so anywhere in the 2nd or 3rd episode would be dandy.

If you would like to know what work I've done:
I've contributed 3 ndcp2 maps, and uploaded a half-arsed jokewad 'The Hells Grammar School'.
Some screens here on WIP>
http://www.wadsinprogress.info/?a=listwads&wad=1092

Cheers.

Posted in 1024 Constriction thread.

September 8th, 2011

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1009408

Like most overly ambitious new users, back when I was 13, I started a group project where each map would be inspired by a type of phobia. I didn't even know the difference between Boom, vanilla, ZDoom, etc and the project spiraled out of hand from me changing my mind too many times. I even remembering messaging essel about nuking the topic, but at the end Fiend-of-hell took over, and the project quietly died over a few years. I want to start it back up, but I don't have the dedication to lead a big project.

My first first post is under a different username which I shall not mention.

Shortly after that I found newstuff and started one of the many fights about reviewing slaughtermaps that were out of my league. I've since learned to avoid niche wads.