Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baronofheck82

New Year's Resolutions

Many years ago, I made a New Year's resolution never to make any more New Year's resolutions. So far, so good. :-)

Happy new year, Doomworld forum regulars, BTW.

Lift more weights and make/save more money. I want to become richer and stronger everyday. Also to continue to make more progress on my doom wad, so I can make a significant contribution to the doom modding community.

Y'know, simple stuff like, achieve a girlfriend, or finish and publish a Doom map. Or better yet, retain my trim figure after eating the local eatery's three pound cheeseburger, in one sitting.

Brush my teeth, get some clean underwear and be the same as always because I'm me and I shouldn't have to change who I am because a number changed or because people want or expect me to.

SavageCorona said:

Brush my teeth, get some clean underwear and be the same as always because I'm me and I shouldn't have to change who I am because a number changed or because people want or expect me to.

Even though it is a valid point, I don't see why anyone has to change anyway it's just another year fuck this new year, new me bull shit that everyone says. My resolution is more than likely going to be the same to give up smoking (as I really should for my health), but I doubt whether that would happen as every time has failed and E-cigs are just awful.

1) Try to get new job as my current one sucks now!

2) Finish off a CGI Animation I'm working on

3) Finish some 3D monster replacement characters I have for Doom...just for giggles

4) Started work on a sentry/robot mod for Doom to replace all assets, but not worked on it for an ages....its mostly all planned out, but I'm always busy doing other things - this year need to try a bit harder!

5) Stop running about like a blue ass fly and try to enjoy life....it can be fun...I think!

Springy said:

Even though it is a valid point, I don't see why anyone has to change anyway it's just another year fuck this new year, new me bull shit that everyone says.

That's exactly what I said in case you misread it.

SavageCorona said:

That's exactly what I said in case you misread it.

I was highlighting your point and saying it's a good point is what I meant by that. How you live is up to you and I'm glad I'm not the only one who has the same opinion on life and new starts to a year for me, it's just the same old shit just under a day with a different name. EDIT: No wonder, I started off the sentence wrong (using "even though").

I have some this year, and I intend to keep them.

Spend less money/save more money. I need this because my plan is to quit my current job in about exactly one year from now, to get another part time job with much less work hours. More time to focus on school for the last semester AND the job I'm getting is relevant to my degree, so I'll have some experience when I get my degree.

Finish up my Doom maps, and then fucking retire from Doom (at least for a good while).

Get back to drawing/painting again. I have so much creativity I need to "get out", and Doom maps aint cutting it anymore.

Record a demo with my band.

Start exercising again.

Get a B or higher in all of my engineering classes. Maintain my strength and hopefully max out at 385 lbs. on bench by the end of this year. Read my scriptures and write in my journal each and everyday. Be consistent in spiritual matters and in the things that matter most in life.

Be the same old semi-fatass I always am, because why not? Playing Doom or whatever other console game has my fancy while eating plain bread. That's just how I do it. ;)

YAY - I have already started work 'again' on my 5 min Trek animation which is one of this years new resolutions to get my head down and finish it! It should combine all my skills I have on modelling, texturing, animation, rendering, movie compositing, particle effects and special effects....sweet!

Im off to a good start, hopefully my other resolutions will come together too :)

Maybe cut down on soda and sugar because I've already gained a bit of weight while drinking too much soda for the last few months. :P