Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
C30N9

Post your first post

My first posts on Doomworld were under another name and were undoubtedly flames against Doomworld's prominent members, so I've got no desire to revisit them. I can remember my first thread that got sent to hell as MajorRawne, though.

I've been half-expecting someone to change my custom title to "The piss-artist formerly known as NoPoet". Luckily, I don't seem to have earned a custom title in the last 4 years.

My first post on this forum as MajorRawne was about a map called Slow Rot that I was working on. Really need to dig that out, I was really, really pleased with how it was looking.

This one

The plan was doing it not just for ED, but for a number of PWADs. Unfortunately, I lost all the ongoing work when I forgot to backup some data last year, so don't expect anything soon (I am planning to do it eventually, but real life/work keeps getting in the way).

This was way back in 2004 when Action Doom was first in the works and Scuba was getting everyone hyped up with a contest.

Nomad said:

A quick Google search, and I found the real design for the t-shirt:

Shame on you for misleading us, Scuba! :D

(Damn. This means I have to bookmark ANOTHER forum. Thanks, Scuba. :p )

I have no idea what the image was, it was so long ago and I don't think I've kept a copy of it. I posted once more after that and then didn't post again until 2009, after Phoebus nuked NewDoom. :(

Nomad said:

... after Phoebus nuked NewDoom. :(

I hasten to add, for the benefit of our newer members, that this isn't me he's talking about, despite the similarity in name!

Phobus said:

I hasten to add, for the benefit of our newer members, that this isn't me he's talking about, despite the similarity in name!

Your immediate denial of involvement seems suspicious. :P

Phobus said:

Yes it is. He just made a typo :-p

Fellowzdoomer said:

Yes it is. He just made a typo :-p

William "Phoebus" Mull is not a typo for James "Phobus" Cresswell.

Fellowzdoomer said:

And how do you know Phobus true identity?!!

Gez is one of the forum's resident stalkers. ;)

Try doing a search of the /idgames database with phobus as the author name.

Hello everyone. I'm here to tell you about a Doom2 mod I'm making, it's called Lizard's Legacy. There will be 4 episodes when it's done, and right now, I have beta versions for episodes 1-2, along with some other doom stuff. I think's it's pretty nice. Go there and see for yourself at what someone with very limited Doom editing supplies can do on his spare time:

http://www.geocities.com/lizardcommando/enter.html

And as of right now, I'm looking for some people (around 2 or 3 people) that can design levels. For more info go to my site, which has been already listed above.

Just like every other newbie, my first post was in regards to a very overly ambitious Doom mod. And just like every other newbie who asks for help for an overly ambitious Doom mod, it never got finished.

My god, I can't believe I've been here since December 2001.

I am a new member here and I am from Taiwan, I have done the UV Max of doom 2 map 1 and 7 a few days ago lol.

Map 1: 1:07
Map 7: 1:32

I have also done other doom demos in other wads like WOS and PL2. And I will post them later.

I reckon the time and space continuum would just rupture as soon as someone literally makes their first post in this thread.

Joshy said:

I reckon the time and space continuum would just rupture as soon as someone literally makes their first post in this thread.

I was quite tempted to resurrect Wonoview for this very purpose when I first saw this thread.

GreyGhost said:

Try doing a search of the /idgames database with phobus as the author name.

Hmm - I'm not sure why, at 15, I felt the need to plaster my real name all over the internet in association with my ZDoom forum handle and Scourge, but it's not a habit I've gotten out of yet about 9 years later. Still, a lot of other people do it too, so that probably had a bearing on that initial decision.

Considering I've linked my email, listed my location and occupation (with employer), participated in those "post your location" threads and posted pictures of myself on this forum too, it isn't impossible for people from the forums to stalk me! Hopefully Gez has better things to do with his time ;)

Somewhere around here knowing nothing about how to work image formats. The image in question was the first version of a recolored cacodemon before the one still lingering around today.

"2.03 KB/sec"? Aw, yeah.