Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tristan

Doom 2 In Name Only - Now (supsiciously) on a load of gaming articles

By the way, no need to put my name next to map 16 on the first page, I only fixed some bugs on it

Joseph Lord - 'Map27.1fixed' has a tiling issue in the room (containing sectors 460/461) featuring the inverted crosses.
It uses 'dbrain1' on a wall spanning more than 32 vertical units.

This is accounted for by allfalls.wad

EDIT: Eris Falling returns with his silly captions on screenshots of each map! Click on a map in the OP to see a random area from that map (excluding MAP34 and MAP29, the latter of which I probably shouldn't show still :P )

The new map04 text got a chuckle out of me. Whoever the mysterious narrator is, this time he got it right :P

Some final fixes for a couple of my maps
Map21
http://www.mediafire.com/download/r5wyr2ay0y787hk/cbnirvana.wad

Minor visual fixes, got rid of some pointless imps and changed a couple of monsters and tried to toughen the earlier encounters slightly.

Map12
http://www.mediafire.com/download/xc42ql2zs967qye/cbfactory.wad

Revamped some of the areas to make them visually appealing and try and reduce the "corridorness" a bit, probably failed.

In both maps I think there is one spot where you could possibly break the drawsegs limit but the risk is very low, i did test both maps before uploading these.

Eris Falling said:

Eris Falling returns with his silly captions on screenshots of each map! Click on a map in the OP to see a random area from that map (excluding MAP34 and MAP29, the latter of which I probably shouldn't show still :P )

Cool, but there's a problem with the map06 description: the invulnerability sphere isn't present on all difficulties.

With all this mystery caption narration from the final boss, the romero head should clearly be replaced with the caption writers head ;]

WITH NEW SPEECH TOO.

Processingcontrol said:

Cool, but there's a problem with the map06 description: the invulnerability sphere isn't present on all difficulties.

Clearly this needs to be fixed then!

The megasphere is good enough IMO. It allows the player to be crushed a few times before dying.

Fast as the wind, the detailing has begun!

Sort of. I'm slightly less snowed under with other things.
I have a rough idea of how this pans out. There are three switches that need to be found to open the red temple. Each one of the "non-tunnel" areas has it's own defining feature, and this is the only navigational aid.
If you have the blue key, you can go straight to the masterminds (revamped) after you get the red key. If not, a teleporter to blue area (mostly unchanged) is available from the start of red area.
My only concern is that I may have bitten off more than I can chew, in terms of getting this done quickly.

Take your time, because better is better. I wish I had time to revamp mine, because life :( Looking forward to the finished product.

glenzinho said:

Take your time, because better is better.

Quoted for truth, posterity, and freedom. I think.

It's good advice, anywho.

So Eris, how much do ya have left to do? I mean no rush, having cool catacombs is important, but I just want some vague approximation on when the beta thing might be available.

If it isn't done by the end of next month, something's gone horribly wrong. I will upload the map standalone for feedback/bug reports before the beta though. I just hope it isn't too easy to navigate, otherwise I'm kind of wasting everyone's time.

EDIT: I'm considering marking this new section as hidden on the map (except for where you arrive and where you need to get to)

No, PC levels only.

Some new story music is also in progress, to replace the rubbish I put there before.

Fellowzdoomer said:

OK.

What's next after this? PINO?

A cursory look at the map names (doomwiki) yields some tantalizing possibilities. I can already predict mouldy taking abattoir (it means slaughterhouse), hehe.

For my part, I've got some ideas for Odyssey of Noises (atmospheric map with hidden things everywhere, making noises - so you hear each monster before actually engaging it; you hear platforms before seeing them, etc.), but I might not have time to commit when the time comes, so I'll just leave it at that.

One thing's for sure: Unlike with my Suburbs attempt, I wouldn't go for symbolism-over-gameplay again, particularly because the symbolism employed didn't seem to resonate with anyone but myself. :P

Fellowzdoomer said:

I already have ideas for Congo

What are you thinking? I'm looking at some of the names, and they're just screaming custom textures to me. Although that mayn't be in keeping with the XINO philosophy.

You may as well make a preamble thread, so we don't clog this one up any further. When time comes to start in earnest, we can figure out who wants to lead and start a whole new thread.

Do bear in mind that Ultimate Doom In Name Only is confirmed to be started after this is released, and will be led by Jayextee.

Eris Falling said:

Do bear in mind that Ultimate Doom In Name Only is confirmed to be started after this is released, and will be led by Jayextee.

Ideas are flying at my head more than ever now.

I call Phobos lab! Let us know when that begins...

Heeheehee hahahahahahaha hahahahahahah!
Muahhahahahah--- oh snap, forgot my pizza!