Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Doom World Title requirements

Is there a list of posts needed for titles.
for example you need 50 posts to be a mini member and 100 posts to be a junior member and so on.

Banned - Self-explanatory. You'll want this even less.

Funny how that guy got banned after all. :)

I enter the thread - half expecting to find replacements for the Doom Honorific Titles being discussed - only to suffer a brief bout of forum rank induced déjà vu. Maybe it's about time that list was added to the FAQ.

Just keep in mind if you do something stupid enough you will get a degrading title and at that point post count won't affect your title anymore. :P

Avoozl said:

Just keep in mind if you do something stupid enough you will get a degrading title and at that point post count won't affect your title anymore. :P

I'm not sure if I should be flattered or not that I apparently have never done anything dumb enough to get stuck with a custom title. :P

Welcome to the dummy club.

Avoozl said:

True, though doing something stupid enough to warrant a spell in Losers will erase that custom title, so you'll revert to the appropriate forum rank if/when released.

GreyGhost said:
True, though doing something stupid enough to warrant a spell in Losers will erase that custom title, so you'll revert to the appropriate forum rank if/when released.

True, though admins can avoid that, so you might revert to the appropriate title prank if/when released, if not something worse!

Shadow Hog said:

Seems a little off; I have 540 posts, as of this post, which should make me "Forum Regular" according to that list, but, in fact, I'm still "Member".

It seems like 666 posts is now the requirement for "Forum Regular", I know because I remember getting it once I had 666 posts.

Shadow Hog said:

I was guessing 600, but 666 seems considerably more appropriate, yes.

666 gives you the "Evil Member" title. I remember having it only during the time my post count was 666. After that, my title was changed to forum regular.

Kontra Kommando said:

666 gives you the "Evil Member" title. I remember having it only during the time my post count was 666. After that, my title was changed to forum regular.

Strange, I don't remember ever getting that title.

Neither do I, unless it's a fairly recent change.

myk said:

True, though admins can avoid that, so you might revert to the appropriate title prank if/when released, if not something worse!

True, admins can walk on water if the mood strikes them. I hate to think what Hellbent could wind up with if he has another sojourn in Losers. ;)

If you're paying attention to titles and post counts then you're probably doing Doomworld wrong.

I'm a very observant kind of person, I pay attention to even the smallest of things at times, but I know for sure that post counts and titles are unimportant.

There is also a special title at 1210 posts only. I didn't notice at all when I got it

EDIT: Ha! Good job Nomad! :D

So has anyone created a formula to figure out when there will be so many regulars with custom titles, that actually not having one makes you more special than having one?

Looking at this thread so far, I'd say we aren't too far off.

Looking at ancient threads, I'd say the pace of handing out titles has actually slowed down considerably and members have repopulated the land.

dew said:

Looking at ancient threads, I'd say the pace of handing out titles has actually slowed down considerably and members have repopulated the land.

Definitely. Would be nice to see some more spontaneous custom titles, it does give a nice idiosyncratic feel to the forums.

I also don't really think they're so important (not just saying that to be kewl), but at the same time I think it would be cool if there were some sort of extra line in someone's profile that only they and the Admins could see specifically for the purpose of a “custom title wish" to be given to the person for whatever reason, mainly to get less posts requesting them. Then again, it's not like it's a big problem now.

Krispy said:

I also don't really think they're so important

Go easy with the reverse psychology, sometimes it works too well. :P

There was a time when custom title giveaways were practically an annual event, but it looks to be nearly a decade since the last one.

I dread to think what title I'll have earned by the time I get one, but I also cannot stand the suspense. Someone please let me out of my misery... before I wet my pants!

I'm quite looking forward to getting "Why haven't I got a custom title by now?!" at 5000 posts, but looking at my current post count and posts per day, it's going to take me another 7-8 years to get there. Still, it'll be nice to know I managed to keep my head down for all that time.

Saying that, my current one is nice. Almost feels like an award for being here so long.