Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Whats the point of the fists?

So what is the point of the fists in doom 3 when you have your flashlight which lights up the area plus acts as a melee weapon, I know in hell you don't have the flashlight but theirs always plenty of ammo around that you don't really need a melee weapon.

One day, you'll run out of bullets and it was either fists or a bullet making, ore mining mechanic.

Actually the flashlight does more damage than the fists, being able to down a zombie in two hits. The flashlight is a goddamn billy club. The fists are just natural gifts from your mother and father, presumably.

I've never even found a reason to need to use them in ROE, there's already a large amount of ammo that it's hard to run out, I only realized this as I played it earlier today.

Well if they made a Doom game without the original weapons (especially a remake which Doom 3 was) it would get slashed to hell by the fans. If fists were not included do you think people would have been fine with it....I certainly wouldn't have, I would have left the game and never played it again...unless it got modded in by the community.

However...yea I never used them either.....but thats not the point :)

The assault rifle thingy-mo-bob-weapon was new but think that was just added to balance game play. It would have been fun to run around with the heavy chain gun all the time though. I did like how the assault rifle (sorry can't remember exact name) looked a little bit like a P90......cool!

Avoozl said:

It's a submachine gun, it's not anything like an assault rifle.

Yea, guess its not...I couldn't remember, thought it sounded very wrong when I wrote it, thanks for clarification anyway....guess I could have easily googled it....in fact why didn't I do that...lazy :(

bcwood16 said:

I certainly wouldn't have, I would have left the game and never played it again...unless it got modded in by the community.

You're kidding, right?

Everyone's got their own tolerances for how far the franchise should 'stray' from its roots. For bcwood16, it's obviously the classic armoury.

I don't know what mine would be... I would say the inclusion of an automap, but Doom 3 didn't have that, and I still like it. More to the point, I considered it 'Doom-y' enough to be considered part of the canon.

Anyway, fists are cool. If nothing else, it makes you feel like a bad ass when you take down an enemy with these bare weapons. *Smooches knucks.*

For the BFG version the flashlight is not a separate weapon, so the fists act as your melee option until the chainsaw pops up.

For the original release the fists exist soley to be boosted by the demonic floating clump of steroids we like to call "Beserker". AFAIK the Hell stage doesn't give you a flashlight either, but the Chainsaw isn't that far into it, and I don't see you punching Imps and Hell Knights.

Doominator2 said:

So what is the point of the fists in doom 3 when you have your flashlight which lights up the area plus acts as a melee weapon, I know in hell you don't have the flashlight but theirs always plenty of ammo around that you don't really need a melee weapon.

Fists are generally used for punching.

You can punch the cans in the Mars City before you have any other weapons, and walk and run around punching air and make all the people in the Mars City look at you in awe.

I'm pretty sure you can actually punch the other characters in Mars City by looking away, pressing fire and then rotating them into view.

Without the fists, you'd never be able to show the demons your girly arms, completing the suckage of Doom 3's Marine makeover.