Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StevieWolfe

Best Weapon Mods?

What are some of the coolest and best weapon mods/wads you've run across? I've been looking into adding a few new arsenals to my Dooming experience. So far the Russian Overkill mod is the craziest thing I've ever seen, but I'm also a fan of mods with a more "standardized" and real world armory.

As a 'straight' weapons mod with no other game play elements changed I have a soft spot for Eriance's eriguns wad. Nice sprite work, nice guns. :)

EDIT: It's for ZDoom.

The smooth weapon animations mod is good if you just want an update to the original weapons.

I've played several gameplay mods, and honestly, I can't say which one is the best. WildWeasel's mods are usually good (Diaz, Nazis, Terrorists!), although some definitely don't fit in standard Doom pwad selection, unfortunately. Don't know if this is the best of the cards, but Satanic Redux was pretty fun to play.

I'd highly recommend giving DoomRL Arsenal a try. It's what I've been using as of late and I've been having a blast. There's also a(n) (optional) monster pack if you're into that sort of thing. I haven't tried it yet. Been having too much fun with just the arsenal. :P