Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

Doom gallery on Romero's Facebook page.

Not sure if this has been posted about before. But after reading a post in Everything Else I went to check out Romero's Facebook page and came across his Doom photo gallery. This one included a lot of new photos that I never seen before. Most cases there were simply (a lot) better shots of previously seen material. But some of it was completely new to me. Like this shot of the cyberdemon clay model:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152148633671289&set=a.10152148604491289.1073741827.517581288&type=3&theater

There's also a scan of the source drawing for the endgame shot of Doom1. Another tidbit that I learned from these pictures was that Adrian used Art mannequin dolls as base for making the sculptures. Rather clumsy and unnecessary method, but I suppose he was inexperienced with modeling and the mannequins did help with getting the anatomy down.

kristus said:

Not sure if this has been posted about before. But after reading a post in Everything Else I went to check out Romero's Facebook page and came across his Doom photo gallery. This one included a lot of new photos that I never seen before. Most cases there were simply (a lot) better shots of previously seen material. But some of it was completely new to me. Like this shot of the cyberdemon clay model:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152148633671289&set=a.10152148604491289.1073741827.517581288&type=3&theater

The art mannequin was used more so as a jointed skeleton rather than a base for anatomy. After all, these are used as armatures.

We had this discussion over at John's forum years ago.

That's not a good reason to use them since they are pretty bad at that. And a classic metal wire rig would work better.

It made me sad to see baron of hell sculpture in its current condition. The album was nice blast from the past, those old photos from time when small teams were making games are heart warming instead of mega corporations and teams of nowadays. There isn't same kind of superclose teamspirit when you have team members spread all over the globe