Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Doomworld Mega Project 2014 - final versions up

I, myself will create a puzzle map. You know, lifts, locked doors, switches, etc.

@Fellowzdoomer, maybe the tech base would be a good idea.

EDIT: Whoo-hoo! Started page 3 accidentally!

Guest Unregistered account

Hooray! Finally, a map compilation where I'm not too late to submit a map!

Joe667 said:

Hooray! Finally, a map compilation where I'm not too late to submit a map!

You're never too late, unless it is 31 December ;)

walter confalonieri said:

Joining both is a bad idea? Just asking...

Both maps layouts (and most of the gameplay) are done, and they are both completely different styles, so it wouldn't really work. In the time it would take me to restructure one or the other, I could make another all new map.

I have done that to several of my maps before, though.

Ah, all right, so keep the 2 different maps idea...

EDIT: Joe667 i've seen you've posted a alpha version of your map on the 2013 thread, why not here?

My map is done

TITLE: Gabiro Petiatis
MUSIC: Running From Evil by Bobby Prince
ENGINE: Vanilla Compatible
DOWNLOAD: paulcorfiatis.com/Gabiro.wad

Gabiro Petiatis is an Episode 1 style map for Doom 2 with tons of secrets and a few surprises along the way.

Joe667 i've seen you've posted a alpha version of your map on the 2013 thread, why not here?

Oh, that's because I just wanted to know how to move a corpse with scrolling floors.

Another thing, I've had to make and test this map using Freedoom, so it's slightly hard to know exactly what it looks like in the proper doom2.exe. My dad deleted all my Dooms (Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Final Doom) from my computer, you see.

pcorf said:

My map is done

Great map, Paul. Super job on the E1 and E2 ambience, thanks in no small measure to extremely blatant homages to Hangar and Deimos Anomaly, and a nod to E1M5 of Fava Beans as well, it seems.

My first run through, I only found 1 secret, the Zerk, and as a result, I had a really hard time, since all the heavy weapons except the RL are in secret areas. Funny, I walked right past the RL path, too, and so I didn't even have that when I found myself stuck on a narrow platform with Cybie! :D I died many times trying to run past him, and then the Archies, and finally "beat" the level on a death-exit. I'm guessing Romero was actually killed by an Archie. ;D

Since you did such a wonderful job hiding your secrets, I checked the map in DB2 so I could figure out how to get the best ones. I still only managed to get 87%, I think, and 97% kills, but this time my death count was zero instead of 10 or so.

Probably my proudest achievement on my first no-heavy-weapons run is that I was down to 3% health when I set off the Sector 322/323 trap with the Imps, Sergeants and Chaingunner -- and I survived! You know what that means -- the trap wasn't good enough. ;D But I was happy about that at the time. I had just played that first two-closet Pinkie trap very badly by backing into the line that drops the Hell Knight lift, so that I got slimed from behind while hemmed-in from the front. In short, I was fucked! But I not only survived, I got all the way to the Cyb meeting before I got killed.

The only thing I disliked in the map was the SSG trap, because it was very sloggy with HKs and Cacos behind a Block Monster Line and at the top of stairs. I had to fight it too cautiously, even when I had the Plasma Gun on my second run. I'm guessing the idea is that you force the player to run up the stairs and risk being hit by slime or ball-lightning. If so, it didn't work, and IMO, it's just boring. The HKs and Cacos are just time/ammo sinks. My advice, if you choose to accept it, is to eliminate the HKs and maybe put the Cacos in monster closets -- just put doors on their cubbyholes.

Aside from that, the fights were fun and the traps were good, sometimes really nasty. Hiding all the heavy weapons in secrets will probably piss some players off, but if a shitty keyboard-only player like me can beat the map without them, anyone can. ;) Sweet map!

SteveD said:

Great map, Paul. Super job on the E1 and E2 ambience, thanks in no small measure to extremely blatant homages to Hangar and Deimos Anomaly, and a nod to E1M5 of Fava Beans as well, it seems.

My first run through, I only found 1 secret, the Zerk, and as a result, I had a really hard time, since all the heavy weapons except the RL are in secret areas. Funny, I walked right past the RL path, too, and so I didn't even have that when I found myself stuck on a narrow platform with Cybie! :D I died many times trying to run past him, and then the Archies, and finally "beat" the level on a death-exit. I'm guessing Romero was actually killed by an Archie. ;D

Since you did such a wonderful job hiding your secrets, I checked the map in DB2 so I could figure out how to get the best ones. I still only managed to get 87%, I think, and 97% kills, but this time my death count was zero instead of 10 or so.

Probably my proudest achievement on my first no-heavy-weapons run is that I was down to 3% health when I set off the Sector 322/323 trap with the Imps, Sergeants and Chaingunner -- and I survived! You know what that means -- the trap wasn't good enough. ;D But I was happy about that at the time. I had just played that first two-closet Pinkie trap very badly by backing into the line that drops the Hell Knight lift, so that I got slimed from behind while hemmed-in from the front. In short, I was fucked! But I not only survived, I got all the way to the Cyb meeting before I got killed.

The only thing I disliked in the map was the SSG trap, because it was very sloggy with HKs and Cacos behind a Block Monster Line and at the top of stairs. I had to fight it too cautiously, even when I had the Plasma Gun on my second run. I'm guessing the idea is that you force the player to run up the stairs and risk being hit by slime or ball-lightning. If so, it didn't work, and IMO, it's just boring. The HKs and Cacos are just time/ammo sinks. My advice, if you choose to accept it, is to eliminate the HKs and maybe put the Cacos in monster closets -- just put doors on their cubbyholes.

Aside from that, the fights were fun and the traps were good, sometimes really nasty. Hiding all the heavy weapons in secrets will probably piss some players off, but if a shitty keyboard-only player like me can beat the map without them, anyone can. ;) Sweet map!

What I did is I copied and pasted bits out of E1 levels and E2M1 and added my own areas to connect them and retextured other areas. I decided to use D_RUNNIN as the music theme, must be that Rock Organ.

I'll eventually update the map, get rid of the Hell Knight on the lift and add doors in front of those Cacodemons so that they only open when you approach the 4 switches.

100% kills are not possible because of secret keens in the a top secret room in the E1M1 area. The blinking arrow on the blue key platform gives a hint. Been an unlimited project I had to add some easter eggs including a famous John Romero quote at the exit from his Daikatana game.

I'll post an upgrade to the map in the near future and notify you all.

I will post some things about my map:

1 - it's not exactly a tech base
2 - i have outdone myself
3 - its a reference \ puzzle base level
4 - not speedrun friendly.

my map is 5% done (lots of designs and stuff.) Even i, limited to a mere Android, can make decent maps.

In short, get ready for p0rtal!

pcorf said:

My map has been updated with a few changes.

DOWNLOAD: paulcorfiatis.com/Gabiro.wad

How I got the idea for the name Gabiro Petiatis

Ga = Gates
Bi = Birkel
Ro = Romero
Pet = Petersen
iatis = Corfiatis

pcorf said:

Gabiro Petiatis

My 2 FDAs

I played with only Doom 1 weapons. Quite pleased! I was too slow on the e2 mancubus dodge the second round.

Good map, man!

EDIT

In the last DMP, Joe667 said:

b). Me being 12

Heh. Joe and i , same age.

And have you tried using Floor Move considering its skulltag?

Fellowzdoomer said:

Heh. Joe and i , same age.

Heh, I didn't know that.

And have you tried using Floor Move considering its skulltag?

Floor move? I've only seen Scroll, Carry, Wind and... oh wait, that's it. Otherwise, nope.

Change that bigdoor3 with some other texture!

Im getting to that! Jeez! :-) this is by far the best Android phone map I've made.

*Doesnt count my first map of my HVA skulltag ultrawad made on computer*

Fellowzdoomer said:

*Doesnt count my first map of my HVA skulltag ultrawad made on computer*

Ultrawad? What's hva?

Hope ya people like zdoom jump maps!

ChronoSerge said:

Ultrawad? What's hva?

Yeah. A megawad is when 15 or more maps are replaced. HVA stands for Humans Vs Aliens, a skulltag deathmatch ultrawad with 80 levels (20 per dm episode)

Heh. If I knew doom world existed, it probably be done.

TimeOfDeath said:

First exl, now TUD, cool to see you guys again. :)

I dont think this is the same one...