Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

So you think you're fast?

The conservatards in Canberra are delaying the NBN optical fibre rollout in Tasmania with yet another review, so I'm stuck with the copper network until June - and possibly forever since "fibre to the home" isn't their first preference. Only good bit of news is that my line's finally repaired and I've sped up my Grade C connection by changing the ADSL profile.

EDIT - Looks like my pessimism might be misplaced. Heard from my ISP today that NBNCo is taking bookings to connect households in my neighborhood, so, I've joined the queue and (barring further mishaps) should be cruising the Web at around 50Mb/s early in March.

Bump!

Fibre at last!! I must say it's noticeably faster than my first ADSL plan some 5 years ago.

fraggle said:

You're at work, right?

BloodyAcid said:

Because 350 mile server test

That was the closest server back then, though switching from iiNet to Internode (who were installing their own hardware in regional exchanges) a year later made a big difference to the ping. Upgrading from an entry-level 256/64kb account also helped. ;)

Can.. not.. get.. more..
life is not fair, fraggle wins...
though, he still did not say how much he pays for it and whenever it is at work or home.

21.23 Download
2.23 Upload
31 ms Ping

Overall, it's a pretty sweet connection, though it's not the most reliable in the world - plus I live in a big house, so I don't always have access to the full bandwidth.

The speed of my newest internet connection and I hardly even get one eighth of that amount.

Coolkids said:

Beat you all! MUAHAHAHA!

Scroll up the page a bit to see what Sokoro is getting for $15 per month.