• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Favorite TC

Ragnor said:

Heretic. Oh, wait...

Why wait? Heretic is awesome. :D

True, but it isnt actually a TC. HacX and Chex Quest on the other hand are TCs.

And I'm proud to say that I fucking love Chex Quest.

Ragnor said:

HacX and Chex Quest on the other hand are TCs.

Huh, I thought HacX was originally a product.

Its an officially licensed TC, not a game thats all its own like the Raven games or Strife. Hell, it was so rushed to completion, it was released incomplete..

Nimrod: Project Doom. Although it technically isn't a TC (not everything is replaced) same thing with Aliens actually. Squadron series was good (yet to find the third), AD2 for obvious reasons and there was an old TC which went by the name of Beyond something or other which I enjoyed.

Are people waiting for me to say PSX Lost Levels? What about the Doom 64 TC? Those are the best to go for if you want guaranteed vanilla gameplay while still getting something different.

Aliens TC for Ultimate Doom (or just Doom), I have the working version (some versions refuse to work with modern ports) in my Doom folder but most of the downloads for it give you a bugged out version of the TC.

It's also recommended you bring your own creepy music (if you are using a modern port that is).

Chex Quest 3. It's so underrated often overlooked. Great music and artwork with a cheeky sense of humour (the billboards). It really needs a Doomworld community project if you ask me. :)

Well technically every 3d game that has come out since Doom is a TC of Doom since they all learned from ID how to make 3d games. That said, there's far too many to choose, Doom is my favorite.

I look forward to playing Pirate Doom, looks awesome, but for now, Osiris is my favorite TC, all the way from '95! Some say it's not a full TC, however, and instead is just an extensive mod. Either way, it's cool. I'm pretty sure there's a fixed version for modern ports.

Average said:

Chex Quest 3. It's so underrated often overlooked. Great music and artwork with a cheeky sense of humour (the billboards). It really needs a Doomworld community project if you ask me. :)

Yep, Chex Quest 3 is a game I always come back too, same thing with Harmony, Hacx amongst a shit load of others. CQ has its own fan forum which I regularly lurk on that has some good mods. Also, I am not sure why I said Squadron what I meant was Securitron.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Well technically every 3d game that has come out since Doom is a TC of Doom since they all learned from ID how to make 3d games. That said, there's far too many to choose, Doom is my favorite.

No.

I feel the STRAIN ..... I want more Harmony.

I feel like giving some monsters more STRAIN in such Harmony.

Toss up between STRAIN and Harmony. Also The Adventures of Square too.