Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
NerdKoopa

Odamex refuses to save settings

For some reason Odamex 0.6.4 doesn't save any game settings when I try to change them through the main menu. Is there a way to fix this, or do I really have to edit the .cfg file to be able to get my settings?

Maybe I should have mentioned earlier that I'm using Windows 8.1. Does that have something to do with this issue? I tried to run it as administrator. No luck there.

We haven't had as much testing on Windows version 8 or newer. We will definitely look into it.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, we encourage you to post this issue on our bugtracker so we can be sure to provide ongoing updates about the issue. Thank you.

I did some more testing. Changed a setting directly in the cfg file by changing fullscreen to 1. That one saved. Then I tried "reset to defaults" through the game. It went to windowed mode as expected, but right back to fullscreen as soon as I restarted. The game can do absolutely NOTHING to the cfg file! Gonna look into that bugtracker.

Have you tried checking the properties of the file to make sure that it isn't Read-Only?