Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zzz

industrial zone

dammit, how to end this map? i got all keys , but i cant open wooden door with those blue lights ..

sure i can use cheats, but i'll make me sick

If you have all the keys I don't see why you wouldn't be able to go through the door hmmm

OMG someone is asking for help getting through Doom. Nostalgia alert, nostalgia alert

Newbie alert, newbie alert.

Well, I know that if you want the secret exit, go up the stairs in that thing that looks like a castle to the very top, run and jump to a platform in the giant slime pit with a rad suit and a switch on it, hit the switch, run down the tunnel that opens at the other end of the pit, kill the cacos, get the invuln sphere, then run back and take the teleport in the pit, then go back into the castle-like building, head down the tunnel inside, there should be a new passage open somewhere along that tunnel that leads you to the secret exit.

Hmm, that doesn't make much sense, does it. Damn, I can't give directions worth shit =)

Seems like we're getting a lot more linguistically challenged people on the forums recently. Is it that hard to form a coherent sentence?

ZarcyB said:

Seems like we're getting a lot more linguistically challenged people on the forums recently. Is it that hard to form a coherent sentence?

There is no coherent in a sentence problem properly forming, jackass :P

Uh, I would recommend you look a little harder. I remember also being confuse by that level... about seven years ago. It's a good level, and worth finding the exit by yourself. Of ocurse, you should try and find the secret level, which should be an even greater challenge now that Archvile's given you some directions.. :P

That secret level is a complete basrad to find.

zzz said:

no matter what, come hell or high water, NEVER use cheats.

zzz said:

dammit, how to end this map? i got all keys , but i cant open wooden door with those blue lights ..

Well I'll be, Screeching Doctor Pizzaface has graced the DW forums!

Archvile's method works if you want the secret level, for the regular exit you just have to make sure you aren't running too fast through that wooden building at the upper left of the map - they attempt 3D floors by using lifts and doors, sometimes running through it can throw off the tags and you'll be stuck at a dead end.

doomsick said:

no matter what, come hell or high water, NEVER use cheats.

Agreed,even if it takes months never cheat, your self-respect will be gone forever.

magikal said:

Agreed,even if it takes months never cheat, your self-respect will be gone forever.

Either that or I'll have taken in the scenery I wanted to see in about 1/10th the time.

Lüt said:

Either that or I'll have taken in the scenery I wanted to see in about 1/10th the time.

do you ever use deepsea's trippy 3D walk-through feature?

pritch said:

do you ever use deepsea's trippy 3D walk-through feature?

Heh yeah, it's rather amusing =)

Archvile64 said:

The secret exit was quite easy.

That is one of the things i love about DOOM II...the mystery...

Fredrik said:

DOOM 2's mystery is only 75% of that in DOOM.

Not in my eyes. Where did you get such a number?

Shaviro said:

Not in my eyes. Where did you get such a number?

Counting all secrets and their relative placement/difficulty to find, dividing by the inverse of the aesthetic touch to the subtlety of the secrets in question.

Fredrik said:

Counting all secrets and their relative placement/difficulty to find, dividing by the inverse of the aesthetic touch to the subtlety of the secrets in question.

Well that is not what i mean with mystery.

Shaviro said:

Well that is not what i mean with mystery.

Either case, you get the actual percentage that way.

Shaviro said:

That is one of the things i love about DOOM II...the mystery...

Are you kidding? By the time Doom II came around, I had gotten used to the various types of secrets...you know, the different textured or misaligned walls, etc.

Doom had twice as much mystery as Doom II.

Archvile64 said:

Doom had twice as much mystery as Doom II.

Yep, definitely. DOOM was very much about having the feeling you had something undiscovered left in the level...

Hell yeah, it took me ages to figure out how to get to the Military base (e1m9) thru the toxin refinery.

Spike said:

Hell yeah, it took me ages to figure out how to get to the Military base (e1m9) thru the toxin refinery.

Nostalgia! *shudders*

Spike said:

Heh, I think I found that accident purely by accident =)

I found the way to E1M9 after like... 10079 attempts to look through everything of E1M3, heh.