Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jazzmaster9

Deimos: The Fallen Citadel [5 Level Mapset - RELEASED NOW ON IDGAMES]

Jazzmaster9 Presents:

While you guys wait for the next "32 over 32" (which might take a while to complete), I went ahead and complied 5 out of the first 8 maps i've made for that project into a single wad, complete with story :).

DEIMOS: THE FALLEN CITADEL is the name of the mapset!

It uses the ZDoom port and contains 4 regular levels and 1 bonus level.

Tell me what you think, give your honest opinion!

Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/?xq21f4xr928vabj
Idgames: http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?file=levels/doom2/Ports/d-f/falcit.zip

old versions!
betav.1: https://www.mediafire.com/download/9981ey6c424912z/The%20Fallen%20Citadel.zip
betav.2: https://www.mediafire.com/?0u600eipb38rbv6
finalbeta: https://www.mediafire.com/?hdshj7a86s9lrnr

Here are some screenshots!

MAP01: 9/10 - Nice layout, very good monster placement and excellent ammo placement too. A simple and nice first map, but damn that arch-vile at the end.

MAP02: 8/10 - Liking your style so far, very tiny rooms with shotgun guys that can be deadly. Nice 3d bridge btw, you made me jump from my seat again in the end.

MAP03: 10/10 - A quick and simple map, really challenging sometimes, but not that hard.

MAP04: 5/10 - For some reason, the easiest by far. '-'

MAP05: 10000/10 - My god that was super fun, Herectic's E1M1,Doom's E3M8 and Doom II MAP01 all into 1 map with vicious creatures trying to kill you in everyway possible xD

Overall: 8/10 - It's not absurdly difficult(or maybe i'm getting better), but i see some patterns you repeat often.

Keep up with the good work my friend. :)

update to be added on next version:
- Just made Level 5 bigger.
- might add some more monster in map 4 instead of just a cyberdemon.

Beta version 2 out!

changes:
- Added a new area in Run4it
- Added more monsters in Map 4: Hell Partol
- an ending intermision text!

Just released the Final Beta version of "Deimos The Fallen Citadel" a.k.a. "Another 32 over 32: Shareware Version"!

I liked it, generally agree with KevinHEZ's assessment. The first three levels are a bit harder than what was in 32 over 32, which is nice. The 4th really didn't do much for me, the cyberdemon kept teleporting and was not hard to deal with otherwise. 5th was hectic fun and funny too.

Avoozl said:

I get a TNT vibe from the first screenshot.

Well I did take inspiration from Final DooM for the Map! so thats a fair assessment :D

plums said:

I liked it, generally agree with KevinHEZ's assessment. The first three levels are a bit harder than what was in 32 over 32, which is nice. The 4th really didn't do much for me, the cyberdemon kept teleporting and was not hard to deal with otherwise. 5th was hectic fun and funny too.

Yeah the Cyberdemon fight could be harder, but think of it as breather for Map 05!

Avoozl said:

I get a TNT vibe from the first screenshot.

Well I did take inspiration from Final DooM for the Map! so thats a fair assessment :D

plums said:

Yeah the Cyberdemon fight could be harder, but think of it as breather for Map 05!

The final version of Deimos: The Fallen Citadel will be up soon!
thank you so much for the participation and feedback.

Just finished the wad.

I'll comment below on the gameplay rather than the looks. In terms of looks it's pretty plain, lots of hallways and simple texturing. I have no real issue with that, but it could probably use some more detailing and better lighting. I'm not overly picky as far as that goes.

Map 1: I dislike your use of a berserk pack there - it would have made more sense to pick it up in the room with the demons, given it must be for them that you included it. There was more than enough ammo to go around at that point that I didn't even bother with the punches. I like

Spoiler

the archvile at the end.

It was unexpected in a map 1. I missed a secret, but the other two weren't really even secrets. I liked design of the room leading up to the first key, but it could have been a bit more open, it was very much one way fighting. The revenants and chaingunner trap are probably the most memorable encounters (except for the last one, maybe the demon room if it were more dangerous).

Map 2: You did it again with the secret. Odd. I don't like the archvile where you used him here, and I think you could have done more with the cacodemon trap near the rockets. Because of the hallway right behind you, it poses literally zero danger.

Map 3: Your maps are getting shorter. Don't really have much more to say.

Map 4: Ehhhhh. It was a thing I guess. Kind of pointless, to be honest.

Map 5: Ehhhhh. I don't like slaughtermaps that much and can't really tell the difference between a good one and a bad one. This one seemed ok, though I think your revenant and archvile hoard traps could use some work (in the case of the revenants, all four doors should have dropped, I was able to just circle strafe the entire section and blow them away with an SSG one by one). Probably could have used some hitscanners to create more danger. The big thing though is that I don't really understand what map 4+5 have to do with maps 1-3. Seems like a really weird fit.

e: The 3d bridge with the hell knight was pretty cool. I'm still not used to seeing that.

7hm said:

Just finished the wad.

I'll comment below on the gameplay rather than the looks. In terms of looks it's pretty plain, lots of hallways and simple texturing. I have no real issue with that, but it could probably use some more detailing and better lighting. I'm not overly picky as far as that goes.

Map 1: I dislike your use of a berserk pack there - it would have made more sense to pick it up in the room with the demons, given it must be for them that you included it. There was more than enough ammo to go around at that point that I didn't even bother with the punches. I like

Spoiler

the archvile at the end.

It was unexpected in a map 1. I missed a secret, but the other two weren't really even secrets. I liked design of the room leading up to the first key, but it could have been a bit more open, it was very much one way fighting. The revenants and chaingunner trap are probably the most memorable encounters (except for the last one, maybe the demon room if it were more dangerous).

Map 2: You did it again with the secret. Odd. I don't like the archvile where you used him here, and I think you could have done more with the cacodemon trap near the rockets. Because of the hallway right behind you, it poses literally zero danger.

Map 3: Your maps are getting shorter. Don't really have much more to say.

Map 4: Ehhhhh. It was a thing I guess. Kind of pointless, to be honest.

Map 5: Ehhhhh. I don't like slaughtermaps that much and can't really tell the difference between a good one and a bad one. This one seemed ok, though I think your revenant and archvile hoard traps could use some work (in the case of the revenants, all four doors should have dropped, I was able to just circle strafe the entire section and blow them away with an SSG one by one). Probably could have used some hitscanners to create more danger. The big thing though is that I don't really understand what map 4+5 have to do with maps 1-3. Seems like a really weird fit.

e: The 3d bridge with the hell knight was pretty cool. I'm still not used to seeing that.

Thank you for the feedback, these maps are one of my earlier attempts, I can assure that the rest of the maps for "Another 32 over 32" will be a lot Better.