Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dima

So guys, do you think my pc will handle it? :)))

LOL, after seeing that gameplay video, I'm not so sure anymore :)

Specs:
P4 2ghz (tried to overclock it to 2.2ghz with no success)
512MB RDRAM
GeForce 4 TI 4600

I hope 30fps will be achievable, at least at a resolution of 800x600 :) lol

Update:
Paul posted a reply to my post on mapcenter where I asked the exact same question, but referred personally to him :)

His reply:

I really am not comfortable giving any hard advice about potential system configurations for Doom 3.

Given id's past history of pushing the envelope of game system requirements with the launch of each new game engine, I think it's fair to guess that for a reasonably high screen resolution such as you state to run at a reasonable frame rate, you will need a system configured at or near the fastest and best single processor system specs available, say 6 months before the game shipped. That includes RAM, processor power and GPU power. In theory, when it ships, the game will likely to be playable (possibly with features turned down) with what is current for near-leading edge system specs. But anyone who imagines that their late 2001 game system will provide the exact same audio-visual experience as a high end 2003 game system is living in a fantasy land and will be disappointed by their expectations for the game.

Carmack has been dropping tidbits about system specs in E3 and post E3 interviews and slash-dot commentary. I'm certain there must be some Doom 3 fan sites out there vacuuming up every shred of that official Doom information. Go young pilgrim, seek out those sites for truer knowledge.

--------------------
-Paul

Fredrik said:

That computer will work. In high detail mode.

LOL
I hope you're right! :)

I have a:

Pentium IV 1700
Geforce IV Ti 4600

It will do on high detail, but if it won't, i'll buy new hardware :)

congrats on the new comp. Good choice (Intel)

P2-350
96mb ram
3.2gb H/D
12mb Voodoo2

Not a chance, yeah?

Well, the demo hardware was capable of running the unoptimized engine code with the demo at high detail, and it was an amd athlonxp 2200 with ATI's next-generation card.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the gf4 and ati8500's are going to be able to run the game at a decent clip.

Arioch said:

Well, the demo hardware was capable of running the unoptimized engine code with the demo at high detail, and it was an amd athlonxp 2200 with ATI's next-generation card.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the gf4 and ati8500's are going to be able to run the game at a decent clip.

Actually the demo only ran at medium detail

Ultimate Demon said:

Intel is not good at CPU as AMD is :( I love AMDs CPU because they nare more powerfull than Intels CPU

errr.... whatever you say. Intels Pentium IV 2533 mhz northwood is a lot faster than the AMD Athlon XP 2100+. And no arguing. That is a fact. Go read up.

The demo was at medium detail, but only because of some issues at running it at high detail, which were fixed the day the demo was shown, but ID hadn't had time to test it out.

Alboroto said:

I HAVE A COMMODORE 64!!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

Yay, 64-bit color is what Carmack has requested for a long time now, isn't it? :)

Intell sucks donkey ass.. cant wait for the AMD's HammerClaw

GS-1719 said:

So will a PIII be useless?

Depends which order of power it has. If it's 1.4ghz, it'll work :P

Fredrik said:

The 1.5ghz AMD is as fast as the 2.2ghz Intel.

Intel sucks.

hertz is not everything in a processor. Go read up.

Shaviro said:

hertz is not everything in a processor.

No, and that's why the 1.5ghz AMD is as fast as the 2.2ghz Intel, duh.

Fredrik said:

Depends which order of power it has. If it's 1.4ghz, it'll work :P

450 MHz. Looks like I'll get an AMD to go with my Geforce 4 Ti 4600 when Doom III comes out.

GS-1719 said:

450 MHz. Looks like I'll get an AMD to go with my Geforce 4 Ti 4600 when Doom III comes out.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Fredrik said:

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Yes it does.

I am starting to save my pennies now, cause when DooM III comes out I want it to be able to play at a decent frame rate...

And I was reading an interview with Carmack, somewhere (I forgot), and he said that utilising the Geforce 3 you would only be able to run DooM III at full detail in 320x240...

But enough about me crapping on, i'll be happy when it comes out.

Fredrik said:

No, and that's why the 1.5ghz AMD is as fast as the 2.2ghz Intel, duh.

Yes, but you obviously think it's better to have a 1.5 ghz that is as powerful as a 2.2 ghz. If Intel sucks, then howcome they have the fastest processor ATM?

Yes, but you obviously think it's better to have a 1.5 ghz that is as powerful as a 2.2 ghz.

Of course it is, it consumes less electricity.

If Intel sucks, then howcome they have the fastest processor ATM?

*ATM* yeah, wait for the HammerClaw....

System Specs:
Pentium(R) III 350 MHz
Voodoo3 Graphics Processor Card
64 MB RAM

IF the game even installs on my hard drive, I'd have to play with everything turned down to the absolute lowest and probably I'd have to play in ordinary 640X480 resolution, if that.

Oh well. The exact same thing happened with Doom. Everyone had to upgrade their compys to the absolute highest technology just to get the game to play somewhat acceptably.