Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BaronOfStuff

Congratulations North Korea

Did they employ the "Travel to the sun at night so that we don't get burned" strategy from an old Russian joke?

Is this real? PLEASE tell me this is real!

By which I mean that North Korea are claiming this, not the actual travel to the sun. This is hilarious.

Memfis said:

Did they employ the "Travel to the sun at night so that we don't get burned" strategy from an old Russian joke?

That they did. And it seemed to work because he's bringing back sun spots.

geo said:

Will wonders never cease?

North Koreans seem to be very special people (well, their leaders at least). Let's not forget Kim-il Sung (besides being the Eternal Leader, a.k.a. God) created the world, and Kim Jong-il could control the weather with his mind. We should learn from them.

GreyGhost said:

news that Kim Jong-Un has ordered the extermination of his uncle's extended family.

It's easy to laugh at the North Korean regime's ridiculous antics because they're so often so comically absurd. But it's easy to forget that it is a bloody, brutal dictatorship that keeps thousands of political dissidents in prison camps that by all accounts have horrible conditions. One day the regime will eventually collapse, the veil will be lifted and we'll learn about all the terrible things that have been going on there, and it won't be pretty.

Memfis said:

Yeah, I've read somewhere that it might be literally that - playing jokes on the ignorant capitalist Westerner pigs who eavesdrop on their glorious news. Kinda like when they discovered a unicorn lair. You know how it was here, people were able to spot and filter out the obvious propaganda bullshit.

I think what is more impressive is that the dprk has developed a spacecraft apparently capable of reaching 40,000,000 km/h and having the poor juchenaut survive the g-forces.

Memfis said:

Yep.

"Hung traveled in the cover of darkness, as it would protect him from the harsh, and extreme temperatures of the Sun."

fraggle said:

One day the regime will eventually collapse, the veil will be lifted and we'll learn about all the terrible things that have been going on there, and it won't be pretty.

While you are right, that's nothing compared to what the North Korean people will think when they finally take a look at the world and realize they have been made fun of thanks to his Great Leaders.

Utter shite.

I visited the sun only last week. Don't recommend it, there's not much of an atmosphere.

Ichor said:

That they did. And it seemed to work because he's bringing back sun spots.

Fascinating article, I wonder what sun spots taste like with red wine

Waffenak said:

Fascinating article, I wonder what sun spots taste like with red wine

Not unlike Sunkist, I hear.

GreyGhost said:

Waterford Whispers News is a fabricated satirical newspaper and comedy website published by Waterford Whispers News.

Waterford Whispers News uses invented names in all its stories, except in cases when public figures are being satirized. Any other use of real names is accidental and coincidental.

Was it on a sun made of ice? And will the research they bring back bring us closer to explaining what would happen if it collided directly into a sun made of fire?

fraggle said:

One day the regime will eventually collapse, the veil will be lifted and we'll learn about all the terrible things that have been going on there, and it won't be pretty.

Might be sooner rather than later. If absolutely no-one feels safe around Kim Jong-Un (with the possible exception of Dennis Rodman), it's only a matter of time before someone sticks a knife in his back.

Over 5 years ago my freshman high school teacher asked quite frankly if we were afraid of nuclear annihilation. I wasn't scared then. Nor am I scared now.

In North Korea there's no unemployment, so STFU, capitalist pigs.

LOL! It's sure North Koreans are so uneducated that they believe this crap. It's absolute non-sens and their rocket doesn't look fast at all.

fraggle said:

It's easy to laugh at the North Korean regime's ridiculous antics because they're so often so comically absurd. But it's easy to forget that it is a bloody, brutal dictatorship that keeps thousands of political dissidents in prison camps that by all accounts have horrible conditions. One day the regime will eventually collapse, the veil will be lifted and we'll learn about all the terrible things that have been going on there, and it won't be pretty.

If his people found out the truth, that would merit the Supreme Leader a Gaddafi-style ass kicking x10.

I'm happy North Korea exists and its unplugged from the rest of the world. Its like a tribe untouched by technology with their own unique beliefs. I wonder if the inhabitants of North Korea know he's an insecure idiot, but they just keep up with the act since he'll have them killed.

Bloodshedder said:

Waterford Whispers News is a fabricated satirical newspaper and comedy website published by Waterford Whispers News.

!

Spoiler

This is too much fun to be ruined by the truth.