Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
j4rio

Unholy Realms Demopack [-complevel 2]

NNnnnnnnnnnrghhhhhh... blob has PM'd me with another bug. The revenants at the BK switch, an imp/rev squad and the exit cyberdemon won't teleport, because their closet setup is bugged. I'm not exactly sure about the why, but going back to a version that worked properly, I can see exactly one change that seems very suspicious - old sector 487 (the obstacle) of the imp/rev telecloset got merged with sector 480 of the other closets. I can't believe we missed so many critical bugs introduced by the end of the development. :/

thanks a lot snakes. wonder why you werent informed during the testing about those little troubles tho. I guess it took short to fix those anyway

dew said:

NNnnnnnnnnnrghhhhhh... blob has PM'd me with another bug. The revenants at the BK switch, an imp/rev squad and the exit cyberdemon won't teleport, because their closet setup is bugged. I'm not exactly sure about the why, but going back to a version that worked properly, I can see exactly one change that seems very suspicious - old sector 487 (the obstacle) of the imp/rev telecloset got merged with sector 480 of the other closets. I can't believe we missed so many critical bugs introduced by the end of the development. :/

we are talking about map23 btw!

gosh I see XD
didn't want to sound an ass btw. I just wondered because I remember I found quite some bugs in the cc4 too, it must be me having always the luck to fall in any gap around eheh

blob1024 said:

we are talking about map23 btw!

Oops. I forgot to mention that little detail. Thanks for the bugreport.

j4rio: The migraine inducing part of what's just happening is that all of this used to work at some points in time. Then after the billionth beta I simply stopped replaying maps over and over, because they're done, right? And Snakes just fixed one tiny little thingie... Serves me right for not maxing the whole wad just before the final release. :/

dew said:

Serves me right for not maxing the whole wad just before the final release. :/

well thats rather okay usually, but just turn iddqd, idfa and blast everything in a moment then, just to check if 100/100 are still reachable
thats what I did as final test for some friend's map, it's very fast and efficient to check "maxability" (wow new word)

Alright, I'll upload this for now: Map 01 UV-Max in 0:48.

At least 47 is possible with a really improved demo, but I haven't had any luck yet, though I might keep trying. Also tried the route using the window jump, though it doesn't seem to be faster. With a series of exact shots, one could probably get through the room with the switch raising the final bridge before the life rises, but that just doesn't seem feasible for me (it would require some very accurate monster lineups).

ur01-048.zip

Map25 UV-Max in 3:35

Recorded with urdpfix.wads first version but naturally plays back with the latest one as well. Pretty sure I'll try to improve it still but this is just something to show that I'm not slacking here :p

ur25-335.zip

ur-28 uv-max
09:12*

now. Ill try to get a better time because of the pausing, but I found myself with 3/3 secrets without the final switch somehow lol, thats why I was surprised and confused during the demo. Ill now look again what happened because I still have 0 clue about it.

edit: low quality demo cus its like the 4th time I play the map xd
edit2: also very weird the AV didnt jump in the teleport and appear on the bridge. but helpful!
edit3: lol... what a wonderful SSG shoot to that chaingunner coming down from that pillar... I wonder if the author thought about this. :D

ur28-912.zip

j4rio said:

Snakes, more bugfix plz. :p

y0, at least map23
which other levels would require some small care?

j4rio said:

Snakes, more bugfix plz. :p

My comp has been on the fritz of late, so I'm not sure how quickly I can throw a bugfix together. Beyond 23, what problems are there?

Snakes said:

My comp has been on the fritz of late, so I'm not sure how quickly I can throw a bugfix together. Beyond 23, what problems are there?

map22, i have troubles in having 4 rev and the cyber showing up. I made a fast try with cl9 and they all were reachable, but in my first casual playing with cl2, they didnt
can you check this out please?
maybe it was just bad luck.
thanks!

edit: really strange, it still happens sometimes, but now it worked.

blob1024 said:

map22, i have troubles in having 4 rev and the cyber showing up. I made a fast try with cl9 and they all were reachable, but in my first casual playing with cl2, they didnt
can you check this out please?
maybe it was just bad luck.
thanks!

edit: really strange, it still happens sometimes, but now it worked.

Hm... this is a recurring issue that I feel like I've solved several times before. Going to have a look at this, but I think the problem is the linedefs that trigger that are in a weird place. It may require me to restructure the trappage a bit. I'll have a look sometime this week.

In my many attempts after that 06:35 (which ill leave for now, somehow the last half went terribly good) I found out everything always goes well if you walk straight and slowly the whole corridor lowered till the end (no sr, not walking outside of it and then again on it)

Uh, would there be any chance of splitting? The fixy thingie got a little out of hand, unfortunately.

j4rio said:

Uh, would there be any chance of splitting? The fixy thingie got a little out of hand, unfortunately.

no need at all seems

ur-15 uv-max
06:28**

first exit, but I found this quite luck based with the fight after the blueswitch, if PEs shows up there, it's way faster.
maybe from next monday again playing a bit

ur15-628.zip