Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IMX

If the Lost Soul had a SIT...what would it be?

Considering the kind of demonic entity it is, what sound would you think it could fit the original Lost Soul as their player sight sound?

Try to keep joke answers to a minimum; or not.

It'd be a cool idea if the idle sprites were without flames and the flames would pop up when they see the player. So some sort of ignition sound then.

What Obsidian said, except they'd be Nicholas Cage heads before the ignition.

dew said:

What Obsidian said, except they'd be Nicholas Cage heads before the ignition.

Bonus points if they use the 'NOT THE BEES' soundbite as the ignition.

I was refering to his Ghost Rider transformation. Not the bees is more of a pain sound. Damn, now I truly want a Lost Nick replacement.

dew said:

I was refering to his Ghost Rider transformation. Not the bees is more of a pain sound. Damn, now I truly want a Lost Nick replacement.

I know, I thought it'd an amusing mixture of Nick Cage references. :P

The soundbite as the pain sound is definitely a better idea, good thinking!

Probably some angry crow/blackbird-like sound, just like their attack one.

It's silence is it's most dangerous weapon. You really don't know if one has spotted you from behind.

I assume since this is the only monster without a "sight" sound, they did it on purpose for this reasoning.

scifista42 said:

Maybe the sight sound of that Sentry Drone from Duke Nukem 3D would be appropriate.

Screeeeeeeek!

Obsidian said:

It'd be a cool idea if the idle sprites were without flames and the flames would pop up when they see the player. So some sort of ignition sound then.

Particle Fire Enhancer does that, actually. Though the sounds are from Doom 3.

Obsidian said:

This could be done in vanilla too: just don't make them bright spites until active. Imagine entering a dark room and the horror that would follow upon seeing it suddenly lighting up with 100 LS...

Clonehunter said:

Let's just do this with Doom instead:

Somekind of bony sound like rattling on lower jawbone or something, or sound of bursting flames like in furnace

Something like a "shheuurrrrhh" or "fgsfds"

I've always thought there should be an explosive version of the lost soul and when you die, the pain elemental makes a really goofy laugh.

DooM_RO said:

I've always thought there should be an explosive version of the lost soul and when you die, the pain elemental makes a really goofy laugh.

I remember there being a suicide version of the lost soul on a mod on some server a while back, it was simply a black reskin of the normal lost soul but still with red and orange flames.

Avoozl said:

I remember there being a suicide version of the lost soul on a mod on some server a while back, it was simply a black reskin of the normal lost soul but still with red and orange flames.

It's called a Terror. It's not the most competent of recolours: I imagine a regular Lost Soul with explosives wired to it would look much cooler personally.

Obsidian said:

It's called a Terror. It's not the most competent of recolours: I imagine a regular Lost Soul with explosives wired to it would look much cooler personally.

Maybe just a skull with a rocket attached to it, like the Doom novels.

going along the "skull lighting on fire upon sight" idea, having the Lost Soul give off a hissing sound, similar to that of a cat or snake, would feel like a great compliment alongside a fire ignition sound-effect.