Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Norway for Snowden

I'm pretty sure they lost all credibility following the awards to Obama and the EU.

All the same, Snowden definitely does deserve it.

chungy said:

I'm pretty sure they lost all credibility following the awards to Obama and the EU.

Wow, Obama and the EU are the ones that broke your faith? Not Kissinger, Sadat, Mother Theresa, Arafat or Peres?

Fair points. Obama and EU are still in recent enough history that I actually remembered them :P

A more interesting question is, if he won it, whether he should accept it or not. I would say yes.

dew said:

Wow, Obama and the EU are the ones that broke your faith? Not Kissinger, Sadat, Mother Theresa, Arafat or Peres?

MOTHER THERESA WAS A GODDAMN SAINT

If no one does, I could use a million dollars. I'm available for any category! Well, maybe not economy, that's just poor taste.

Snowden is an act.

The real deals don't get covered by the media.

Also, wikileaks was censoring what it was releasing. Someone leaked everything unedited and pissed them off, but of course the media was very quiet about that.

Don't listen to Gokuma, he is CIA Doomworld operator #114. In fact, he's John McCarthy, and that's why he has a French website. I should know because I hired him.

The CIA Doomworld content received through this CIA Doomworld spermod is top secret information of CIA/Mossad or its third party suppliers. Republication or redistribution of content provided by CIA Doomworld is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of CIA Doomworld admins, except where permitted by the terms of the relevant CIA Doomworld service agreement.

CIA France was offering a great deal on free CIA webspace and CIA babelfish did some decent translations.

dew said:

What was wrong about Mother Theresa if I may ask?

She was the sort to build squalid facilities where she could pray over the dying and bask in their suffering rather than treat them while leaving loads of money in the bank. When she was ill it was off to a western hospital.

Aliotroph? said:

She was the sort to build squalid facilities where she could pray over the dying and bask in their suffering rather than treat them while leaving loads of money in the bank. When she was ill it was off to a western hospital.

This. The women was actually just some kind of twisted sadist. She probably suffered from mental illness as well.

Patrol1985 said:

What was wrong about Mother Theresa if I may ask?

She's held up as a Saint (particularly by the Catholic church) but her actual actions are a lot more controversial and questionable.

Wikipedia has a page about it. Christopher Hitchens was her most prominent, vocal critic. Here's a review of his book on her.

TheCupboard said:

Welcome back Gokuma. We've been expecting you.

I expected you've been expecting me. And thanks.

Whatever can be said of Mother Teresa and her controversies, she's still a better peace prize candidate than Kissinger or the EU, among others.

About the only value left in the Nobel peace prize is the publicity it may offer for the occasional worthy that may receive it now and then. Otherwise, it's almost an insult by association with some of the other laureates.

Perhaps its a sign of how low we can fall and if we can handle ourselves in a more humane way in the future the nominees will also improve.