Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A.Gamma

GOG is giving more free games

"You'll get your game soon! Minion, due to high demand, we will tell you when your free copy of Dungeon Keeper is ready via email in a little bit."

Blah.

Mr. Chris said:

Blah.

It's true, though. I got the mail like 15 minutes later.

I don't even care to play that game right now anyway, just hopping on the "free stuff" bandwagon.

The weekend promo sales are not too shabby this time either - quite a selection of dirt cheap classic stuff if you still don't own most of it, heh.

And that Dungeon Keeper offer just has to be a flipped bird to EA. I love it.

What other games GOG has given free in the past? I have only gotten fallout 1 before this and some other games when I made my account.

The first Dungeon Keeper is awful and feels very out of date. However.... Dungeon Keeper 2 is much better and still fun to this day.

geo said:

The first Dungeon Keeper is awful and feels very out of date. However.... Dungeon Keeper 2 is much better and still fun to this day.

Heh, DK2 was actually a disappointment that didn't live up to the finetuned balance of the first game. I don't give a damn about the visual side.

Waffenak said:

What other games GOG has given free in the past? I have only gotten fallout 1 before this and some other games when I made my account.

The first Torchlight and Duke Nukem 3D came before that.

dew said:

Heh, DK2 was actually a disappointment that didn't live up to the finetuned balance of the first game. I don't give a damn about the visual side.

Yeah a lot of people hated the fact that DK2 wasn't that much of an upgrade.

geo said:

DK1 beats the shit out of DK2.

geo said:

Concept is same though. And it is just as fun. Only difference is the aforementioned graphics. In short sentence:
Your argument is invalid.

geo said:

I didn't know this series, so I can't speak about the 2nd, but I'm having tons of fun with this game... I don't think the Doom community minds out of date graphics very much :)

I got my modding start with this game. Rewrote all the creature data, level text strings, two full campaigns.

Its downfall was that it simply could not handle my levels :/ Wheres a limit removing port when you need one? :p

Keeper FX looks good so far, but it is still far too incomplete.

Waffenak said:

They were giving away Fallout 1, 2 & Tactics just before the games were removed from their catalog, and The Witcher during their last birthday sale.