Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ASD

Favourite kills

Those specific monster placements in the Doom maps where killing gives you extra satisfaction. My moments of fun are in:

D1
E1M6: Killing the sergeants with rockets in the secret outdoor area. Clearing the last room before the exit with rockets when rushing for the switch that opens the monster doors.
E1M7: Killing the zombiemen near the pillar with rockets, then splattering the sergeants after the pillar lowers.
E2M6: Berserk fisting all the monsters in the cramped corridors leading to the GRAYDANG door.
E3M2: Rocketing the lost souls near the exit.
E3M4: Silent BFG tricking the monsters one room after the invisibility.

E3M6: Killing the monsters with the BFG when falling onto the invulnerability.
E3M9: Killing the cacos and sergeants with the BFG in the red key room.
E4M3: Killing the monsters downstairs near the start with rockets.
E4M8: BFG'ing the hell out of the zombies and demons in the room after the start.

D2
MAP02: Opening the BIGDOOR1, waiting a sec for the sergeant to come closer and gibbing all the zombies with a rocket.

MAP03: One-shot SSG killing the zombie groups near the start.
MAP05: Smashing the zombies inside the RL cubicle with a rocket.
MAP06: Shooting the barrels in the megasphere secret.
MAP08: Give me the BFG and the whole map will be a bloodbath.
MAP09: Running backwards to the RL platform and BFG'ing the chaingunners and sergeants when they ambush. After that if I'm fast enough, I BFG the monsters that are still inside the next monster closet.
MAP13: Rocketing the demons and imps out of the red key building.
MAP16: Killing the imps near the exit with the BFG.
MAP19: Killing the zombiemen with the BFG when the computer area map is revealed.
MAP21: Killing the imps and chaingunners near the red key with rockets.
MAP23: Getting out of the hell knight room and blasting the barrels.
MAP25: Silent BFG tricking the monsters that are behind the blue door.
MAP27: BFG'ing the monsters in the library and the hell knights on the red key platform.

MAP31: Killing the SS near the exit with the BFG.

Map02 = you know very well which moment* ;)

Map08 = firing BFG off a ledge to kill imps below (those which teleport behind you upon stepping right next to the ledge)

*rocket kill of a sergeant and former humans around him.

E1M4: blasting the group of imps across the nukage channel to smithereens with the rocket launcher.

Imp groups + rocket launcher = good times

This goes doubly for the imp teleportation room in Tricks and Traps, as well as the red key room with the invincibility sphere (also good with the BFG).

Map2= running past zombies and getting ssg and after that shooting down groups of zombies: Boom-ka-chuk click

When the damned Icon of Sin finally goes exploding, THAT is satisfaction - or rather a big relief and the feel "I did it!". Not that the fight itself is satisfying at all, though.

Waffenak said:

Map1= running past zombies and getting ssg and after that shooting down groups of zombies: Boom-ka-chuk click

What SSG in what Map1?

scifista42 said:

When the damned Icon of Sin finally goes exploding, THAT is satisfaction - or rather a big relief and the feel "I did it!". Not that the fight itself is satisfying at all, though.

What SSG in what Map1?

Typoed, Meant map2 of D2

Ultimate Doom:

E2M2, going postal with the berserk.
E2M9, getting the cacodemons and barons to fight.
E3M8, Absolutely molesting the spider mastermind with a BFG.
E4M9, With a little bit of luck, you can telefrag the monster in the center of the huge room. Also on E4M9 I love taking out chunks of the enemy force at the start using the barrels so lovingly placed.

Doom 2:

MAP01, Going postal with a chainsaw.
MAP06, Crushing the spider mastermind.
MAP07, Three spiders, one BFG round.
MAP18, Causing a huge royal rumble between all the demons.

TNT:

MAP01, Going postal with the berserk.
MAP04, Clearing the tunnel with the SSG.
MAP14, Mowing zombies with the chaingun.
MAP30, Creating a huge pile of bodies at the end.
MAP31, Killing the archviles in the cages before they get out of them.

Plutonia:

MAP30, Sending that cyberdemon of the edge with a BFG round.

It's not an IWAD map, but in Aliens Doom, there is a room full of zombiemen at the end of a corridor, which you are more than likely to have the BFG9000 for. One shot, when aimed correctly, will kill all of them. This PC also has the BFG sound start with an "EAT THIS!" quote from Aliens - very, very satisfying.

2002ADO, and its barrel placement.
And generally, it is always satisfying to get bunch of bad dudes getting killed this way.

durian said:

This.

Somebody needs to be turn this event into an animated .gif with them flying off of those pedestals.

And I kind of want to apply hundreds of filter effects and have add Doritos, Mountain Dew, an Intervention and #SWAG all over it with a dubstep backdrop :P

Canofbacon said:

Any sort of kill done with a barrel.

especially by punching the barrel which then is sent exploding into someone's face. step back quickly while punching.

mrthejoshmon gave a nice comprehensive list already.

it's pretty hilarious to make monsters of the same species try to kill each other. like the 2 mancubi in PL2 map01, i try to get one to hit the barrels near the other manc every time i play that map.

cyber in 2 bfg shots, especially when the first blast is so powerful it sends the cyber flying backwards or off a ledge. or just pointless overkill, like point-blank bfg vs a group of zombies or imps.

durian said:

This.

rofl!

Everytime I'm FORCED to fist a stuck cyberdemon.

mrthejoshmon said:

Somebody needs to be turn this event into an animated .gif with them flying off of those pedestals.

Your wish is my command.

In Mock 2: The Speed Of Stupid there's a map where you can gib 50 zombiemen with 1 rocket :-)

At times such as these, I wonder if the RL can do cumulatively more damage than a BFG shot. After all, the BFG tracers are limited in the number of targets they can acquite, while the blast radius is not.

Nice thread!

ASD said:

MAP19: Killing the zombiemen with the BFG when the computer area map is revealed.

This is my personal favorite.

durian said:

This.

I think it's even more satisfactory to shoot the rocket from the door and kill both imps and two of the zombiemen, but it's harder to do.

Maes said:

At times such as these, I wonder if the RL can do cumulatively more damage than a BFG shot. After all, the BFG tracers are limited in the number of targets they can acquite, while the blast radius is not.

Tested this out by placing 139 zombiemen really close to one another and shooting a rocket in the middle of them. Hit more than 11,000 points of damage, which is far more damage than is possible to do with a BFG.

Can't remember which Community Chest, but I remember firing a rocket launcher at an imp on the ground from a ledge, gibbed it and it landed right on the ledge I was at, I LOLed. Another hilarious kill has to be when testing the PSX Lost Levels project, watching a Lost Soul fly right into a barrel and explode. Good times.

PSX Doom: On House of Pain during a deathmatch, I ran through the teleported which leads from the start area to the main chambers, then backed straight up into the niche behind the teleporter exit. My mate came charging straight through after me and I unloaded the super shotgun straight into his back, killing him in one. So, so satisfying, even to this day!

PC Doom: Deathmatch on Sever The Wicked with monsters. My mate fired the BFG at some oncoming monsters. I was in the tunnel above collecting the plasma gun and dropped down right in front of my friend as the plasma ball left his gun. My exploding body flew backwards across the map. My friend's brother fell off his chair laughing.

Exploding Demons and Imps with the rocket launcher in Beautiful Doom is very satisfying. Taking a Cyberdemon out, also in Beautiful Doom, and watching him explode into a haze of blood and body parts is also awesome.