Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightmare Doom

600 years old sinners' hymn hidden in Hieronymus Bosch's painting The Garden of Eart

I found this from Bloody Disgusting:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3279121/random-cool-listen-to-a-song-from-hell-found-on-a-naked-butt/

One of the most infamous paintings ever created was Heironymus Bosch’s “The Garden Of Earthly Delights”, which has influenced countless movies, music videos, and more. Hell, Metallica‘s “Until It Sleeps” uses a TON of imagery from that painting to create their surreal, nightmarish clip (watch here). But one university student took a closer look at the painting and found something a bit more interesting: musical notes drawn upon the curvaceous buttocks of one of the denizens of Hell!

The musical notations were found by Oklahoma Christian University student Amelia and her friend Luke. Once they saw the musical notation they whipped up an arrangement very quickly and have since begun working with their school’s musical department to get a more accurate transcription.

Amelia writes, “I decided to transcribe it into modern notation, assuming the second line of the staff is C, as is common for chants of this era. So yes this is LITERALLY the 600-years-old butt song from hell.”

Head on below to listen to “The Butt Song From Hell”!

Here's the song itself:

Also from the description from the youtube video:

Read more about Bosch's symbolism:http://casuallog.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-600-years-music-hidden-in-boschs.html

An enterprising blogger has recorded a piece of music hidden in Hieronymus Bosch's painting The Garden of Earthly Delights, bringing to life a series of notes that originally appeared on the backside of one of Bosch's sinners.

Posting on her Tumblr, a self-described "huge nerd" called Amelia explained that she and a friend had been examining a copy of Bosch's famous triptych, which was painted around the year 1500. "[We] discovered, much to our amusement," she wrote. "[a] 600-years-old butt song from Hell."

Once zoomed-in, the object of Amelia's interest is clear: Bosch left sheet music "written upon the posterior of one of the many tortured denizens of the rightmost panel of the painting".

Well point being that, I wonder if it would be cool if someone used this song in a Doom wad (or if anyone already did) especially turn it into a Hell Revealed style metal midi which would be good in a Slaughtermap perhaps?

Music sure has come a long way, that sounded like shit. It sounded like random notes being played for the same duration each. Still, really interesting find.

Sodaholic said:

Music sure has come a long way, that sounded like shit. It sounded like random notes being played for the same duration each. Still, really interesting find.

You could say it sounded like ass...

Nightmare Doom said:

especially turn it into a Hell Revealed style metal midi

It cries out to be turned into butt metal.

Sodaholic said:

Because it is shit, literately, coming from a asshole and it's full of shit in Hell.

Sodaholic said:

Plebeian.

Nightmare Doom said:

I found this from Bloody Disgusting:

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3279121/random-cool-listen-to-a-song-from-hell-found-on-a-naked-butt/

Here's the song itself:

Also from the description from the youtube video:

Well point being that, I wonder if it would be cool if someone used this song in a Doom wad (or if anyone already did)

It would be cool if there was a WAD that based hell off of the image, making the Doom Hell a much more chilling environment than before

Sodaholic said:

It sounded like random notes being played for the same duration each.

Might have started out as a sequence of vaguely musical farts. I wonder how much practice would be required to get them pitch perfect?

GreyGhost said:

Might have started out as a sequence of vaguely musical farts. I wonder how much practice would be required to get them pitch perfect?

You'd need to tie your cheeks and bend your knees....

(as the old Goodies song goes....)