Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

The most stupid death of 2014

I know you aren't really suppose to mock people when they die but...

I just can't help it. Watching his extremely hamfisted attempts to come off as tought and cool even going as far as eating his cigarette, only to then find out afterward after reading the comments that this person died from alcohol poisoning...

From what I was able to gather this was a part of some kind of drinking game craze going on throughout facebook. Well, I guess natural selection has claimed another victim -_-

Good ol' Aussie tradition.

Was nominated a couple of times to take part in the neknominate thingy; although I am partial to the occasional Irish Car Bomb, I didn't take part in this silly façade.

There's been a fuss recently in the UK about this thanks to a couple of micks taking it upon themselves to overdo it and then die. Stupid idea, IMO - I've never been nominated but I'd gladly tell whoever did so to go fuck themselves if it were to arise... Even if it were my own parents.

Gez said:

What the fuck is "nek nomination"?

A drinking game craze on facebook. I understand that its some kind of contest where you are suppose to drink alchol in the most "creative" fashion possible.

Here is another guy for example drinking from this toilet upside down:

hardcore_gamer said:

A drinking game craze on facebook. I understand that its some kind of contest where you are suppose to drink alchol in the most "creative" fashion possible.

Beer bongs and shotgunning too good for people now? For shame.

hardcore_gamer said:

Not really. You just film yourself chugging a glass of alcohol and then you announce your nominations- nominating people/friends to do the same thing next. Most commonly, people just skull a schooner/pint of beer/cider, but there are always people who like to go far or propagate the illusion of uniquity by being creative with grog-drinking.

On the bright side, here's a good neknominate video:

EDIT: And another:

Reminds me of a friend of mine who, to impress me, drank an entire wine glass full of tsipouro (highly alcoholic Greek aquavit, >40%) and smoked a "cigarette" made with pipe tobacco and post-it paper. He was "feeling bad" for the rest of the day.

People do dumb shit all the time, occasionally it's fatal. The big question is - does it deserve a Darwin Award nomination.

GreyGhost said:

People do dumb shit all the time, occasionally it's fatal. The big question is - does it deserve a Darwin Award nomination.

It'd be pretty funny if the dude was from Darwin (wouldn't be surprised considering Darwin/Northern Territory at one point drank more beer per capita than Czech Republic)

Canofbacon said:

I don't know whether to be happy or sad.

We can't be sad. He made his choices in life. He's an adult. At least he didn't take anyone else with him like a drunk driver.

As long as he didn't take anyone down with him, I don't give a shit. If he causes some girlfriend or parent to commit suicide out of depression, then the guy's a rotten fuck, and I still don't care.

hardcore_gamer said:

Here is another guy for example drinking from this toilet upside down:

In a few months some guy is gonna die because his head got stuck in the toilet and he drowned.

Nomad said:

Why would anyone watch a snuff film

I dunno. What I do know is that it's been fucking years since terrorists chopped anyone's head off on youtube. Not even snuff can raise an erection from their jaded yet adoring public anymore.

Natural selection at work. Stupid is as stupid does.

Only the smart or logical survive.

GoatLord said:

I see nothing wrong with this. No one has to commit murder when the idiots kill themselves. Saves time and money.

Since the idiots in question are mostly young people, old enough to have received an education but not old enough to have paid back for it through gainful employment and labor, it doesn't actually save anyone any money. It just means the investment that was made in bringing them up to be productive citizens is wasted.

Mr. Chris said:

Natural selection at work. Stupid as stupid does.

Only the smart or logical survive.

Natural selection is about breeding, not about surviving. An immortal that doesn't make kids is not naturally selected. An imbecile who dies young but only after having knocked up several women, on the other hand? Completely selected by nature to have his gene propagate further.

That's why the Darwin Awards are about morons who died without siring progeny. The moment you're a father or mother, you are forever ineligible for a Darwin Award, no matter how idiotically you try to kill yourself.

Gez said:
Since the idiots in question are mostly young people, old enough to have received an education but not old enough to have paid back for it through gainful employment and labor, it doesn't actually save anyone any money. It just means the investment that was made in bringing them up to be productive citizens is wasted.

You assume that throwing money at an idiot will ever make him/her a productive member of society. Some folks are determined to be morons no matter what. If your education went in one ear and out the other and you have nothing of economic value to contribute to the world around you, even unto retirement age, from a purely utilitarian standpoint, it doesn't matter whether you live or die. In fact, allowing an unemployable idiot to drain social services and unemployment benefits and potentially spawn new little idiots is vastly more damaging then if they had simply died of alcohol poisoning or cracked their head open in a parkour accident, not that I actually agree with what I'm arguing.

hardcore_gamer said:

The most stupid death of 2014

How do you know that he died? Not that I'm suspicious, but of the three neknomination deaths that I've seen reported, I can tell just by the look of him that his isn't among them. Can you link to a news article?

It's pretty easy to tell that the dude in the OP vid is experienced with alcohol and most probably other drugs. Of course he didnt die because of that small bottle of vodka. At worst he puked.

hardcore_gamer said:

after reading the comments that this person died from alcohol poisoning...

Basing stuff off comment sections on the internet is...wow...I dont even have words for it.

idk why people think getting wasted makes them seem more masculine or cool. Maybe they should focus more time at trying to fox girls, or make money, or build/create something cool. Seems more worth it to me at least, and more becoming of masculinity. Getting drunk, and stupid is a waste of time. Its fun to have a few drinks with friends; but it shouldn't be the center-piece of activities.