Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sqrrt121

Doomguy info

So, I have been wondering for a very long time, and, I would like to know when does Doomguy rest during his adventures? When does he eat? Did he have a family?

He's resting the entire time, on his hover scooter (inb4 Maes). Good point about eating though, a man can't survive forever on medkits and mysterious blue glowing liquid.

Well, in DOOM 3 you didn't need to rest or eat/drink in hell, due to the phenomenon known as the "Hercules effect" experienced by the preliminary science teams trips through the portal. (In game, it meant you had unlimited sprint). So that could go someway to explaining why you don't eat drink in those types of levels in DOOM. But all food stuffs would probably still be edible, and there's always bottled water I suppose...
As for backstory, didn't Romero go on record that the DOOM guy is YOU, and you can make up any story you want for him?

Food? With all that pork (pinkies), beef and mutton (Barons and HKs) lying around? Oh please.

Maes said:

Food? With all that pork (pinkies), beef and mutton (Barons and HKs) lying around? Oh please.

I got Freedoom's backstory right there! AGM is an all-you-can-eat fast-food franchise (hence the infinity symbol as their logo). As a cost-cutting measure, they decide to open a gateway to a parallel dimension to send you to kill various pieces of meat. When you hit the exit button, you signal the harvesting team to come and recover the carcasses for processing.

Maybe Doomguy is the rogue demons. Kind of like a W40k Horus under his marine outfit.

Sqrrt121 said:
So, I have been wondering for a very long time, and, I would like to know when does Doomguy rest during his adventures?

During the intermission screens, when he's riding the monorail system to the next level, or taking an unknown amount of time between Hell portals. He just lays back and chills with the monsters that were in the exit room. The player can also allow him to rest in a safe spot while they go to the bathroom or something.

When does he eat?

Medkits could possibly contain sterile water and MRI's, which he consumes instantly while also healing. Blue potions. Soul/Mega Sphere's rejuvenate the body completely. Getting tweaked on a Berserk stims helps too.

Did he have a family?

He had a rabbit named Daisy. Billy Blaze is his grand father and BJ Blazkuwiz is his great grand father.

Coopersville said:

He had a rabbit named Daisy. Billy Blaze is his grand father and BJ Blazkuwiz is his great grand father.

Billy Blaze is BJ's grandson. BJ's son and Billy's dad never got to be a video game protagonist, instead he's a TV show host, which is why he changed his name to Blaze. Despite the fame and glory associated to war hero Blazkowicz, nobody could remember how his name was spelled, so he Americanized it a bit.
http://www.shikadi.net/keenwiki/The_Blaze_Family
http://www.rinkworks.com/apogee/s/2.8.6.2.shtml

I wonder what a family full of Nazi/Alien/Demon slaughterers is like. Hell, what are the expectations for later generations? Dinosaur slaying? Angels? Pirates? Punching out God?

When I was a kid I used to pretend that all FPSs were somehow canonical, and you always played as the same character.

So yeah, there's that..

DoomUK said:

When I was a kid I used to pretend that all FPSs were somehow canonical, and you always played as the same character.

So yeah, there's that..

Every FPS ever stars Duke Nukem. Hail to the King, baby.

Shadow Hog said:

Every FPS ever stars Duke Nukem. Hail to the King, baby.

Yah every new fps, Duke Nukem Goes through serious plastic surgery! Ha Ha

Rather than Doomguy, I was always fascinated by the Shotgun Sergeant. I mean, how does one become a Shotgun Sergeant with a badass shaved head and a black combat suit, rather than a weak zombie with a dorky punk hairdo? Exactly where do those extra 10 HP they have compared to Zombies come from? How come there seem to be many more Sergeants around than Zombiemen, which are supposed to be of lower rank and more disposable? Are Zombies something like reject marines?

Plus, the Sergeant is a lot cooler when attacking, holding his shotgun with style and aplomb, while pumping you full of his hot, manly lead.

And let's not even speak about the Heavy Weapon Dude. I can't decide who's manlier: he or the chaingunner? Is becoming beefy and chunky part of his "commando" training or did the UAC simply select the most stockily-built marines? Are they all required to be bald and somewhat dark-skinned?

Maes said:

Rather than Doomguy, I was always fascinated by the Shotgun Sergeant. I mean, how does one become a Shotgun Sergeant with a badass shaved head and a black combat suit, rather than a weak zombie with a dorky punk hairdo? Exactly where do those extra 10 HP they have compared to Zombies come from? How come there seem to be many more Sergeants around than Zombiemen, which are supposed to be of lower rank and more disposable? Are Zombies something like reject marines?

Plus, the Sergeant is a lot cooler when attacking, holding his shotgun with style and aplomb, while pumping you full of his hot, manly lead.

And let's not even speak about the Heavy Weapon Dude. I can't decide who's manlier: he or the chaingunner? Is becoming beefy and chunky part of his "commando" training or did the UAC simply select the most stockily-built marines? Are they all required to be bald and somewhat dark-skinned?

This make me think

Lots of hilarious thoughts in here.

I think Doomguy is not human anymore - though he doesn't (want to) realize it... he's become a pawn in a much larger game. Makes you wonder if Brzezinski isn't somewhere in the shadows... pushing the buttons and placing the bezerk packs.
Btw, I envision Doom guy 6 foot even at around 235lbs with large, brutal looking hands. Probably on around 750mg of the finest Testosterone Cypionate by Pfizer(TM) before higher powers started flowing in his veins pumping him up to near superhuman levels of endurance, aggression and willpower.

And yes - the decomposing Commando/Chaingunner is the coolest of all.

I don't understand where Doomguy stores all of his weapons and ammo. I mean carrying 100 rockets on you? Where does he keep them all? they can't all fit i one backpack as well as a BFG, plasma cannon and rocket launcher

Pleasure Elemental said:

I don't understand where Doomguy stores all of his weapons and ammo. I mean carrying 100 rockets on you? Where does he keep them all? they can't all fit i one backpack as well as a BFG, plasma cannon and rocket launcher

INB4 Maes

I feel that this should have its own special tag by now.

Doomguy was sent to us by the gods of a realm only known as ID Software, the purpose of Doomguy is to be you when you play Doom...

...And then you were the Doomguy.

Between levels there is room where he can sleep, take shower, make omelets and read newest Mars Today-paper

The man, the myth, the legend.
Painting is from 1872 - "Green Crusader"... aliens left it to the Vatican which instructed Carmack & Crew during the 1992 VGA revolution to change "electronic pop culture Forever!".

I wonder what health potion smells or tastes like. And what odours doomguy smells: gunpowder, rusty smell of fresh blood, burnt demon flesh, stone walls, burning rock etc.

Doomguy is a Silicoid spy sent to spy on the humans. Unfortunately all hell breaks loose during his mission. Maybe he shouldn't have chewed on those computers after all!