Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FreddBoy

Brutal DOOM V.19 issues

Hello all,
Sorry if this is in the incorrect forum area, but it's my first post so undoubtedly I'm gonna fudge it up...
Anyway, my issue is two fold:
1) When my character is idling any weapon (bar the assault rifle, minigun and chainsaw) the original sprites are used, until I zoom in or reload the weapon, where it switches to the BDoom sprites, and then back to the original DOOM ones! Any idea what coul cause this?
2) Sometimes, enemies get stuck in a mid-gib sprite, even though I've only shot them with an assault rifle. Also the Imps sprite for its pounce attack is changing to a mid gin sprite too! Odd,but any ideas how to fix this?

I have the up to date GZDOOM source, a DOOM 2 WAD from PC Freaks, and the current version of Brutal DOOM. Would Zandarium be better, or do I need to change the order I load items into the folder, such as brutal DOOM first, then the DOOM 2 WAD?

Are you trying to load DOOM2.WAD as a PWAD? That might be your problem. Try removing it from the list of PWADs to load and let me know if it worked.

How do I know I'm loading it as a PWAD? It's just my computer knowladge could be summed up on the back of a postage stamp!
I'm currently just highlighting the brutal DOOM download, DOOM2 WAD and dragging it into the GZDOOM executor. Would I need to download a winrar in order to load them into the correct sequence I need?

Well, right now you're loading BD first, and then overriding BD sprites with default Doom 2 ones.

Leave doom2.wad in your GZDoom directory and don't touch it. Just drag-and-drop Brutal Doom *.pk3 file on gzdoom.exe.

If that doesnt work type in gzdoom.exe -file (brutaldoomname).pk3 on cmd or run. Leave the doom2 wad in the gzdoom dir note that for this way to work you need a copy of the pk3 in the gzdoom directory.

Completely forgot to update, but it's all fixed. Just left the DOOM 2 wad in the directory and dragged and dropped brutal DOOM into the GZDOOM exe, just like Weasel said. Thank you all for your input, much appreciated!