Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

More bullshit copyright strikes on TotalBiscuit

TotalBiscuit loves butthurt. Makes him seem more relevant instead of just another guy forcing himself to play every Steam game first to stay at the top of the heap.

I basically own Garry's Incident for the sole purpose because it has gotten so many terrible reviews. Never played it yet. Maybe having it pulled still gets publicity for being 'that company.' To top that off, its name is Garry's Incident, it might get confused for the hugely popular Garry's Mod.

I have seen TB bashing Guise of the Wolf in his Dungeon Keeper 2 love video where he publicized the 'new successor to Dungeon Keeper.' Both companies get lots of publicity. TB gets his review pulled and they get the publicity for having it pulled and he gets the publicity for being pulled.

His review of Amusement Park (or Adventure Park?) was pretty terrible. But that game is worse than Roller Coaster Tycoon, which is sad. No one pulled that review.

geo said:

To top that off, its name is Garry's Incident, it might get confused for the hugely popular Garry's Mod.

That happened to me for sure. Whenever I heard people referring to "Day One Garry's Incident", I was like, "What happened with Garry's Mod on the first day of its release, or whatever?" That kind of thing can happen easily if you're not familiar with either/both products.

Yah I thought this was a Garry's Mod thing too at first. But still, this kind of abuse isn't really new. If it's a bad game it's a bad game.

Clonehunter said:

If it's a bad game it's a bad game.

This game in question is like the bastard child of "Speed Rage" and "The War Z" with suggested inbreeding from the family of fail.

Or it's like "Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta" had a kid with "Shadow War of Succession" for the 3DO (such a successful system).

geo said:
TB gets his review pulled and they get the publicity for having it pulled and he gets the publicity for being pulled.

The old "any publicity is good publicity". Well, at least it works on you in particular.

That in line with with talking idly about "butthurt" also says something, since if your brain is lowered to the common denominator of the morbid curiosity of a paparazzi you'll have a hard time reading "butthurt" as anything but an excuse to laugh at someone.

I am sure TB will be able to revert the strike like he was the last one.

Considering the childish response from these butthurt devs, I can only assume that TotalHalibut is basically counting on devs to troll him whenever he gives a game horrible reviews at this point.

hardcore_gamer said:

I am sure TB will be able to revert the strike like he was the last one.

Considering the childish response from these butthurt devs, I can only assume that TotalHalibut is basically counting on devs to troll him whenever he gives a game horrible reviews at this point.

Free publicity.

I do think he should be a little less mean with indie devs though. Bashing big companies like EA when they screw up big time is completely acceptable but the small guy struggles and often has to release the game in a shitty state to cover the debts. He should still be harsh but as neutral as possible when dealing with indie devs.

But THESE guys deserve everything they're gonna get.

I don't see why poorly made games should be excused simply because they're not from a major developer or publisher. I mean, that would pretty much give the entire catalouge of awful, cynically designed and predatory mobile F2P games a free pass.

For every bad game like this that TB and other video personalities cover, there's 30 others (and that's probably an understatement) that benefit immensely from their coverage even if the critique itself may be lukewarm.

kristus said:

No, it was in october last year. Sorry to burst your bubble. The peak in January is from when they added steam trading cards to the game.

Interesting. It wasn't a sale? So cards for money mean people play the games?

Sadly, devs should expect to get laughed at. Not sure why anyone would want to be a game dev other than its a hobby that you do for fun. To top it off, Garry's incident is competing with $5 Bioshock and $5 Half Life 2. Oh man.... now I want to play it, just to see how bad it is. I'll get back to ya'all.

Coopersville said:

He should do /newstuff reviews.

I would like to see that, but does he play anything else than brutal doom?

I certainly understand feeling sympathy for struggling indie devs, but I kinda feel like things have changed. Seems like these days, anyone can make a game and get it published, and as a result, the market is getting absolutely flooded with garbage made only in an effort to make a quick buck. If you try your hardest and fail, that's one thing. At least then there was effort involved. But in a lot of games like these, I don't even feel like that's the case. Seems more like "Let's throw a bunch of mud at the wall and see what sticks." It seems less about making a quality product and more about trying to guess what will be the next new fad.

Some bullshit indeed.
Fair Use dictates that you are permitted to use footage from copyrighted material for critique and review. His videos where legitimate and abided all related copyright laws.

Sokoro said:

I would like to see that, but does he play anything else than brutal doom?

He only plays Hearthstone. Big market for it right now. Go where the trends are.

On Steam, I recently had a dev condemn an in depth negative review. Followed by a sudden 20 downvotes in an hour. Then 4 people added me with private profiles to tell me to take down my review. One guy even said I better take it down or I'll be laughed at. Perhaps it is just 4 extremely active community members each with private profiles that have nothing better to do than read a new review on a 2 year old game.

Perhaps it is just 4 extremely active community members each with private profiles that have nothing better to do than read a new review on a 2 year old game.

Game release dates have little relevance in general and even less so in the context of reviews tied to the store page. If you're looking at a Steam review you're likely purposefully scrolling down having a look at different opinions to make up your mind.

Incidentally... Fanboyism? Your excessive and somewhat infuriating use of moon logic is probably just as likely to bring out the downvotes, esp. in the context of reviews where people are looking for relatively relevant if not objective comments.

Shadow Hog said:

I'm morbidly curious as to which game this was a review for.

Guise of the Wolf. It's pretty terrible.