Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DoOmEr4LiFe

Harold Ramis, dead at 69

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/chi-harold-ramis-dead-20140224,0,2259309.story

We've lost one of the most beloved comedy writers/actors/directors of all time. For me, my favorite role of his of course is Egon Spengler. Growing up, Ghostbusters was a huge part of my childhood and part of that was Ramis' deadpan delivery of some of Egon's great lines are some of the best moments of both of those movies.

"I had half a slinky once...but I straightened it"

RIP Harold.

Technician said:

Maybe now nerds will stop asking for a new Ghost Busters flick.

no one is asking for a new ghostbusters movie. But rest assured, you will be getting one anyway.

R.I.P Spengler.

Aw man, its sad but inevitable that familiar actors are dying in your life time, rest in peace Ramis, always remembered.

There were plans for a Ghostbusters 3, where they were supposed to journey into Hell itself. For tons of reasons it never got off the ground, and now I suppose it never will or at least, not in the form people would have wanted (the original cast all reunited, mainly).

Some people say a "reboot" would be more likely at this point, and how much do you wanna bet that would totally suck :P

Egon was always my favorite character in the movies.

"Have you ever done this before?"
"On a chimp."

God rest, greatest of Ghostbusters. People will still be laughing at your brilliant performance forever.

We did get the Ghostbusters video game, which I kinda unofficially count as the third movie. Wasn't perfect, but I enjoyed it, and it didn't screw over the franchise in the way that the talks about the actual third movie were sounding like they would.

At any rate, he will be sorely missed.

MFG38 said:

Who?

I'll assume you're either too young to know or just trolling, if the former, go watch an early 80's comedy, any of them. Chances are good Ramis was involved in some way.