Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
meapineapple

Shifting a bunch of sectors up/down

I have a bunch of sectors I want to move up by a few z-units, floor and ceiling both. Is there an easy way to do this? I've been using Doom Builder 2.

Select them, edit their properties, and enter something like ++64 as the ceiling\floor height. This would raise them 64 units. --64 would lower them 64.

alternatively you can select all the sectors of interest, hold control, then roll the mouse wheel up and down. (at least I think that's what it's bound to by default).

exl's method is cool, I didn't know about that :)

That trick works on some other input fields as well, like lighting levels or texture offsets.

exl said:

Select them, edit their properties, and enter something like ++64 as the ceiling\floor height. This would raise them 64 units. --64 would lower them 64.

Great didn't know about that, learning never stops....

exl said:

Quality of life improved. So many secret moves, anyone knows how to display wall textures at Doom Builder 2 when selecting a floor or a ceiling? Because it shows only floor textures.

Darch said:

Quality of life improved. So many secret moves, anyone knows how to display wall textures at Doom Builder 2 when selecting a floor or a ceiling? Because it shows only floor textures.

Use a map format that allows you to use wall textures as flats. If you're mapping in Doom/Doom 2/Boom etc. map format this is not supported by the respective engines and so DB2 won't let you do it. The various ZDoom formats will let you do it.

Melon said:

Use a map format that allows you to use wall textures as flats. If you're mapping in Doom/Doom 2/Boom etc. map format this is not supported by the respective engines and so DB2 won't let you do it. The various ZDoom formats will let you do it.

I'm using GZDoom. My question was actually quite vague, what happens exactly is: I use several wads as resources. Doom Builder 2 has the option to show textures from one wad at a time or all wads. If I select one wad only, it shows only floor textures when I select a floor or a ceiling. I have to select the option to view all wad textures at the same time to be able to choose wall textures at floors, and sometimes this is too much.