Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doominator2

Can Cyberdemons Infight other Cyberdemons?

So I was playing MAP23 of scythe and was against 2 Cyberdemons. My plan was to cause them to infight so I could run pass them but the Cyberdemon didn't seem to care that the other Cyberdemon was blasting rockets in his back so I eventually just killed them my self. So to sum this up, Can Cyberdemons fight eachother?

Members of the same species can only infight if they have a hitscan attack, I believe. They're immune to projectiles from the same species, and melee attacks either hit the intended target or don't.

And since the cyberdemon lacks a melee attack in the PC version, it is impossible to make two cyberdemons kill each other.

Nah, you could make one shoot a barrel without destroying it (making a 300 HP barrel via dehacked or making it shoot far away from the barrel just to slightly "weaken" it), in order to create a baron vs baron scenario. Unfortunately, cybers are immune to splash damage, so it won't work.

Can Cyberdemons Infight other Cyberdemons?

Without ACS, Hexen-format "hate" actions or other advanced-port-specific features, infighting between Cyberdemons will never happen.
A Cyberdemon actually damaging/killing another Cyberdemon is even MORE IMPOSSIBLE, without behaviour changes it's a no.

They will infight with a small dehacked change:

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

# Note: Use the pound sign ('#') to start comment lines.

Doom version = 19
Patch format = 6

Misc 0
Monsters Infight = 221
You could also remove the cyberdemon's immunity to splash damage by copying the monster's info into another slot, thus making it lose the "boss" attributes without changing anything else about it.

Patrol1985 said:

And since the cyberdemon lacks a melee attack in the PC version, it is impossible to make two cyberdemons kill each other.

Just came to think about it since Brutal Doom added a melee stomp to their attacks would it be possible for them to fight each other in Brutal Doom?

I don't think it's possible due to reasons explained before and because i've tried it.
But you can make 2 barons figth each other by making one of them destroy a barrel and this barrel damages another baron.

Ledillman said:

But you can make 2 barons figth each other by making one of them destroy a barrel and this barrel damages another baron.

Only if the barrel doesn't blow up in hit ;-)

Doominator2 said:

Just came to think about it since Brutal Doom added a melee stomp to their attacks would it be possible for them to fight each other in Brutal Doom?

Only if this melee attack could be misdirected somehow. Regular melee attacks cannot be misdirected, but in Doom v1.1's melee attacks worked like a short-range hitscan, and could be delayed and misdirected, thus causing infighting. No idea how Brutal Doom implements the "stomp" though.

Surely the barrel thing wouldn't work with cyberdemons because they are immune to splash damage?

Blue Shadow said:

Why hasn't someone linked to this page, yet?

Because we like to discuss the same stuff over and over again... Just like we like to play 20 year old games over and over again :D

Maes said:

but in Doom v1.1's melee attacks worked like a short-range hitscan, and could be delayed and misdirected.

Only the Demon/Spectre. The other melee attacks have always been instant damage. Also, it was changed in v1.5.