Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Found some more potential Doom 4 stuff

While I have my doubts about those having anything to do with DOOM, those look damn awesome and definitely DOOM-esque.

Wow, one of the demons is, um, leaking. And I see some Quake 3 Arena in there, and what would've been the new pinky demons and imps I am guessing. Cool stuff!

I'm guessing the first one is an imp? Also those are not the only ones that are Doom-like

Picture 1 looks like an Archvile and the one with the chick is also very id-like. I am referring to that biomechanical skull.

Seeing the arrows sticking out of the Imp-like creature in the first pic of the post makes me doubt it's Doom 4, unless they added a bow n arrow as a new weapon.

A few points:

1) Looks too professional to be the work of amateurs or home brewed artists.
2) Elements of the art styles of Q3A, Doom 3 and Rage are readily apparent.
3) Several of the monster designs are very similar to classic Doom enemies.
4) The military character strongly resembles an upgraded version of the Doom 3 marine.
5) The pictures arrived shortly after the announcement of Doom Beta.

I think you'd have to be a major cynic not to consider the strong possibility of these images being Doom-related.

The second last picture looks of a bastardized Pinky Demon, even the Doom 3 one looked more acceptable imo.

DooM_RO said:

Picture 1 looks like an Archvile and the one with the chick is also very id-like.

The chick looks like Hunter from Quake 3. And the art itself has a Quake 3 vibe.

This game better not be the "Disappointment of the year" (when it comes out) game for me. Also as it even been confirmed THAT IT IS DOOM. I don't mean to be sad but there are arrows in the first picture.

Some of these definitely look like they're part of a concept phase. They could be rejected concepts for all we know, but they really do look like "someone's" take on Doom in 20XX. The arrows don't necessarily mean that they had a crossbow in there. That could just be the artist's personal vision. Does it set a timeframe though? Bows were really popular after the Hunger Games books and (first) movie. Crysis 3 ended up with one for instance. With that in mind the concept could be from a newer version of the game than the old leaked shots.

All somewhat far-fetched speculation though and not really getting us anywhere :)

In either case, they're a monumental improvement over Doom 3's enemies/characters, despite nearly all of them being untextured. I find it curious that none of the monsters shown thus far have cybernetic attachments. I'm hoping that id won't abandon that aesthetic, which seems unlikely. However, Doom's classic monsters make a very clear separation between biological and mechanical parts, an artistic choice that is now outdated. What would look truly horrifying is for the cybernetic elements to seamlessly blend into the biology; even more disturbing would be to make all cybernetic elements completely biological. This would be especially interesting for monsters with weapons built into them (arachnotrons, spider/cyberdemons, mancs, revs).

My first impression was Doom 3 hellknight, but redesigned with a more "stereotypically evil" design philosophy.

But the chin (or rather its absence) gives our former fatso away. :)

The last one in the second batch looks a lot like Clayface from the Batman animated series.

Where did these come from? Some of the stuff definitely looks id-esq, but a lot of these are posted openly on their creator's resumes for the world to see. Either way, very cool looking models. A lot, or most of these would be fine by me in a Doom fame for sure.

Looking at the other photos... not Doom.

http://www.marcusdublin.com/

If you look at this guy on LinkedIn, you'll see that he does work on Doom 4, among other things.

Current and past projects:

SOMA (ArtBullyProduction / Frictional Games)
AMD Ruby Demo: (ArtBullyProduction / Illfonic)
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (ArtBullyProduction / Valve)
Star Trek (ArtBullyProduction / Digital Extremes)
The Darkness 2 (ArtBullyProduction / Digital Extremes)
Homefront (ArtBullyProduction / THQ)
Natural Selection 2 (ArtBullyProduction / Unknown Worlds)
Nexuiz (ArtBullyProduction / Illfonic)
Iron Bound (ArtBullyProduction / Red Lantern Game Studios)
Ben 10 Omniverse (ArtBullyProduction / Vicious Cycle)
Ben 10 Racing (ArtBullyProduction / Vicious Cycle)
Nuclear Dawn (ArtBullyProduction / Interwave)
Rage (ArtBullyProduction / Id software)
Doom 4 (ArtBullyProduction / Id software)
Aliens (Liquid Development / Gear Box)
Project Greysoul
Frontlines: Fuel of War (Kaos/THQ)

However, that doesn't mean everything he does is for Doom 4. The "landprey" for example doesn't seem to be intended for anything else than his portfolio, if you look at his website.

Here's a quick creature sculpt that I did over the weekend. This model was inspired by the creatures and critters from the Resident Evil games. Click on the image to view the model.

What started out as a fun weekend sculpting exercise has now been turned into a completed 3d model. Click on the image below to view the fully textured model.

Why does the first picture have arrows in him? Does the Doomguy get the Ethereal Crossbow or something? Second Why does the first picture have the monster showing off his deformed wiener?

If those were from D4, I suppose the arrows are ancient injuries, or the game has Citadel maps.

Like Shaviro said, maybe concept phase. But I don't think they look professional enough to be proper bake models from a company like Id.