Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

SNES Wolf 3D Censorship (New version)

I was disappointed in how lazily id replaced assets with redundant stuff in the BFG version. So, I made a PWAD where I edited the textures, and imported the SNES Wolfenstein sound effects.

Changes in version 2:

• Patches WOLF2 and WOLF6 have a dark red circle, a detail I forgot to add.
  • New WOLF14 patch, to match the SNES version's recoloring.
  • MAP31's music has been changed to Funk You.
Download it here.

Old version.

The hitler portrait now looks like Kim Jong-un.
Pfffff, so now you're fighting koreans instead? That's racist!

Interesting to see those in game. Although, they're pretty lazy too - and clearly look like something is missing (because it is). I suppose, however, it does reflect how some real post-Nazi censorship was done (e.g. chipping the swastika off of a stone eagle on a building). Funny how Hitler is just a no-moustache guy in a brown shirt.

Reminds me of...

It was suggested in the TV drama "Hitler: The Rise of Evil" that the moustache was part of Hitler creating a memorable, characteristic and iconic appearance (similar in effect to Lenin's bald head, pointy beard look). However, quite a bit of dramatic licence was taken in that drama so I certainly wouldn't take that as a cast iron historic fact.

Enjay said:

It was suggested in the TV drama "Hitler: The Rise of Evil" that the moustache was part of Hitler creating a memorable, characteristic and iconic appearance (similar in effect to Lenin's bald head, pointy beard look). However, quite a bit of dramatic licence was taken in that drama so I certainly wouldn't take that as a cast iron historic fact.

I heard he shaved it that way so it would fit better into a gas mask in WWI, but I don't really know for sure.

Gez said:

You can actually punch the paintings?

Yep! And it does absolutely nothing except pop Hitler's toupee off. Kicking the paintings just destroys them.

I've updated it. Should I bother to make an alternate version of revision 2 without the music change? This isn't really a serious mod, and the dark lighting makes it feel a tad unfitting, but damn if it isn't fun shooting even more comical-sounding Nazis to that funky music.