Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheLazenby

NUTS.WAD - the second room

I was curious....

The first room of NUTS.WAD, I have no problem with. Easy enough. The second room however - I realize the easy way out is to run in before the monsters are 'alerted', hop into the middle of the Arch-Viles and hope that their attacks propel you towards the exit switch.

But, other than using the 'jump' function to hop on the heads of the Cybers and cross to safer ground ('jump' just isn't a part of Doom for me), is there any way to successfully fight your way to the exit switch? It seems as though you'd run out of BFG ammo LONG before the Cybers were finished; and waiting for them to all kill each other before you move just won't happen.

You realize that NUTS.WAD is a jokewad, right?

I think such wads don't need to comply to standard playability rules, like the commonly respected rule that a map should be completable.

Easily doable if you're patient, as long as you stick out whilst invisible, then let the monsters do the rest, I managed to finish with at least 75% on UV.

I was never able to run through the archvilles to the exit switch in time (you need really hefty portion of luck for that, IMO). They just kept throwing me high into the air until invulnerabily worn off and then they fried my ass in a second. So first I cleared the first room (monster infighting + about a hour of circle-strafing to kill remaining barons with shotgun). Then I alerted all monsters in the second room, without dropping down. After they came closer, i run a few times along the edge. After several such runs, the cybs killed enough archvilles so I could make successfull run for the exit swich. You can finish with about 80% kills like this.