Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geo

Chicago Train rides up a staircase and escalator to injure 30+ people

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/03/24/train-derail-chicago-ohare-airport/6816269/

Chicago is full of trains (elevated trains, subways, metra to the surburbs and Amtrack to different parts of the country). Chicago also has 2 airports and a 3rd that mysteriously disappeared.

An el train pulling into a stop at the airport derailed, injuring 30+ people and looks like it jumped onto the platform, went up the stairs and up an escalator.

The accident happened at 3 am after the train operator was reportedly extremely tired.

Wasn't this the happy ending of Speed?

Also, are you sure you interpreted the story properly?

The derailment happened just before 3 a.m. Monday at the end of the Chicago Transit Authority's Blue Line at O'Haret. No one suffered life-threatening injuries

Eh, I think 'KNOWING' executed this whole 'derailing el train' thing a lot better. I mean, Nicolas Cage makes everything better.

AndrewB said:

Wasn't this the happy ending of Speed?

Also, are you sure you interpreted the story properly?

My local news says differently. This happened about 20 minutes from me. I'll find some online verification. Nope can't find verification. I'll change it to something less spectacular.

The fuck? What kind of station construction do you need for trains to be able to reach the staircase? Aren't the rails supposed to be way below everything else?

In Soviet America, train rides staircase to YOU!

Memfis said:

The fuck? What kind of station construction do you need for trains to be able to reach the staircase? Aren't the rails supposed to be way below everything else?

Yep, but wheels make momentum make trains climb I guess. idk.

geo said:

This happened about 20 minutes from me. . .
. . .Nope can't find verification.

Grab a camera and take a walk.

Dammit, I keep misreading the title of this thread as "Csonicgo train rides up a staircase and escalator to injure 30+ people," so I keep thinking, WTF man, why'd you do it, Csonicgo?

Welp. Now information is coming out about the driver of the train. It was her 2nd month driving one. She had been arrested 4 times but never prosecuted. She was working almost her 70th hour that week, but the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority) says no she wasn't. Her reps are saying that it was a brake failure even though she reported just before that she was extremely tired. Train experts say that the trains are designed to crash into the platform and not jump a platform. Well they were wrong.

Now I got flashback from Addams family when Gomez is playing with model trains and blowing them up