Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest DILDOMASTER666

Song I recorded inspired by BTSX

Guest DILDOMASTER666

As it says, this was inspired by Back to Saturn X episode 1. I'm still cobbling together tunes to turn this into an EP written about each major moon of Saturn, but also provide an introspective about my favorite maps from BTSX if that makes sense. This song in particular is written to express the emotions I felt just playing MAP01; the grandeur and the sensation of massive scale upon stepping out of that intro room.

Now that's what you post to get a positive music review around here.

Fisk said:

As it says, this was inspired by Back to Saturn X episode 1. I'm still cobbling together tunes to turn this into an EP written about each major moon of Saturn, but also provide an introspective about my favorite maps from BTSX if that makes sense. This song in particular is written to express the emotions I felt just playing MAP01; the grandeur and the sensation of massive scale upon stepping out of that intro room.

Cymbals higher in the mix than the snare? Weird. Other than that 8/10 its alright.

40oz said:

Please stop.

Also Fisk what happened with that map we were working on?

Pretty cool! I especially like the way it starts, before the distorted guitars kick in. Those are great too, though.

One thing, and I'm not sure if it's Youtube's fault or not, but it sounds like there's a bit too much compression being applied. Otherwise it's great.

Are you a fan of Exivious or Cynic by chance? May just be coincidence but I get a similar vibe when listening to this track, which isn't a bad thing in my eyes. The production could perhaps use some work, though that may have been intentional on your part. Keep at it bro.

40oz said:

:D :D :D

Intro was great, I liked the uneasy mood that totally fits your inspiration. Then the metal bits sound a bit cheap, like they'd probably feel more proper with studio production, but I'm not blaming you for that. I'd say it starts with sounding closer to DN3D when the metal parts hit, but then after 2:00 you start producing the right mood and it's mostly righteous till the end.

The inflammatory part...
40oz listens to some of the worst shit this planet ever produced and he's oblivious enough to push that worthless depressing crap into his own wad and then act surprised when almost everyone hates it for being laughable miasma of cacophonous regurgitation.

dew said:
The inflammatory part...
40oz listens to some of the worst shit this planet ever produced and he's oblivious enough to push that worthless depressing crap into his own wad and then act surprised when almost everyone hates it for being laughable miasma of cacophonous regurgitation. [/B]

Are you bitter?

As for the song, I like it. I'll echo that the production on the metal isn't super great, but musically is pretty strong (other than the C tuning - it's cursed!)

dew said:

laughable miasma of cacophonous regurgitation.

Haha, I was drunk as hell yesterday, but this bit made me smile. <3

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Heh, I guess this song is a pretty good example of how using the best studio equipment does not equal optimal results. I recorded this all through a Schecter 7-string into a professional sound card which fed into Reason and used V-drums and it still didn't really sound incredible, I agree. Thanks for all the input.

Are you a fan of Exivious or Cynic by chance?

Cynic, yes. Never heard of Exivious. I listen to a lot of off-the-wall technical stuff like Spiral Architect and Gordian Knot and that's where I get most of my inspiration for songs like this, which was written in 3/4, 4/4, 11/8, 7/8, and I think there's 9/8 in there.

Bashe said:

but musically is pretty strong (other than the C tuning - it's cursed!)

I swear to god that the mid-00's storm of metalcore and melodeath made me despise C tuning in all its forms.

Fisk said:

Heh, I guess this song is a pretty good example of how using the best studio equipment does not equal optimal results. I recorded this all through a Schecter 7-string into a professional sound card which fed into Reason and used V-drums and it still didn't really sound incredible, I agree. Thanks for all the input.

Musical equipment is no different than any other tool. Even if I buy the most expensive gardening equipment available, it won't make me a better gardener. I'd need grow into it.

Bashe said:

(other than the C tuning - it's cursed!)

I know, why did they even bother inventing it?

Guest DILDOMASTER666
yukib1t said:

I know, why did they even bother inventing it?

Not quite what he was talking about. Bashe and I share a distaste for most of modern metalcore bands which all have a tendency towards tuning their guitars down to C standard and playing very similar C-G-G# based progressions. It has led to me mostly avoiding C tuning in 90% of my music.

The keys of Cmin/Cmaj, however, are another story entirely...

Fisk said:

Not quite what he was talking about. Bashe and I share a distaste for most of modern metalcore bands which all have a tendency towards tuning their guitars down to C standard and playing very similar C-G-G# based progressions. It has led to me mostly avoiding C tuning in 90% of my music.

The keys of Cmin/Cmaj, however, are another story entirely...

Ahh, gotcha. My mistake there.