Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Katamori

Ask for help in choosing music for a map

In my (too) heavily advertised vanilla megaWAD project I'd like to make a map that

1.) is less serious and dark; a little bit more entertaining and full of "life" instead;
2.) has a cyberpunk atmosphere - as much as it's possible to approach with vanilla limits.

My problem is that I found a lot of music that'd fit to the map. Yes, for most of people, it's rather a bless instead; however I definitely want to make the perfect atmosphere, exactly because of the vanilla limits - and also beacuse of my unnatural obsession with cyberpunk.

my original choose was this. I already used it on my map in MAYhem 2013.

However, recently I found some tracks that'd be also good for a kind of map I described above. This is from the Wolf3D clone Nitemare 3D.

I also found something in the recently released Whitemare 2 I love - what a coincidence, it was used on one of Memfis' maps.

Which would be the best, what do you think? If none of them, can you recommend me something?

it's been 12 minutes as I realize the Perfect Dark track is looped. Cool stuff.

I can't choose one right at the moment, but I enjoyed both last two.

If you want the music to match the level, then IMO the Nitemare 3D tracks fails the "cyberpunk atmosphere" criteria and the Perfect Dark track fails the "less serious" one.

I dunno. For a non-serious cyberpunk, I only see Chimpnology at the moment. (There's a MIDI version of it as D_BETWEE in mouldy's Going Down.)

Gez: no need to take the arguments so seriously; I can imagine both of them on the map. They're also kind of mild and slow song, chimpnology is cool but too fast for my expectations.

Antroid: that music is great but misses the atmosphere I'm looking for. Thanks though; I can potentially use it in one of the maps.

Katamori said:

Antroid: that music is great but misses the atmosphere I'm looking for. Thanks though; I can potentially use it in one of the maps.

That's cool, and if you ever start a search for a midi of any other style be sure to PM me first so I can see if I can push some more mario music your way. :P Anyway, sadly all even mildly futuristic-sounding midis I know are pretty upbeat or fast-paced, so unfortunately I can't help in this case.

Memfis, I quite enjoy that, I can imagine on a regular but better-than-average Doom map; sadly doesn't fit to my plans.

Antroid: thank you. Actually, situation is not that critical, the 1st music I posted still seems to be fitting to my plans.